Leather jacket repair and cleaning location

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Leather jacket repair and cleaning location

Post by Michaelson »

I don't know if anyone noticed this service when they were scanning the Wings sales pages:

http://www.uswings.com/repair.asp

I didn't even know they had access to jacket cleaning and performed jacket repairs. :oops: I see they don't do linings, though. :(

Regards! Michaelson
skbellis
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Lining Repair

Post by skbellis »

US Wings does not repair or replace linings though. I have a "G-8" jacket that I have had since 2001 that is in desperate need of a new liner. Since I live near Chicago I am thinking about taking it to Nate's Leather to have it replaced.

http://www.natesleather.com/LeatherRepair.ivnu

Nate's has been around since 1958 and makes the classic Chicago Police Jacket.

Anyone else know of places that do lining replacement?

---Scott
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: Leather jacket repair and cleaning location

Post by Michaelson »

Michaelson wrote: I see they don't do linings, though. :(

Regards! Michaelson
Yep, that's what I said. :lol:

I have a local leather jacket repair shop that will replace linings, but the lining material must be provided.
Anyone who lives near a military base can usually find a comparible shop in the area as single military folks usually don't like to sew their own patches or do their own repairs on their uniforms or jackets.....so these mom and pop shops take care of those repairs for these folks. My shop takes care of the housed Air Force personnel at nearby Arnold AFB.

Regards! Michaelson