Not a Mark VII but close.

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Not a Mark VII but close.

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Check out this link.

http://www.colbubbie.com/index.asp?Page ... ProdID=190

It's not a MK VII bag and actually looks closer to a MK VI because it has the back pockets. It only has one closing snap and not two as we normally see on MK VII bags. The bag I ordered is dated 1941 with the initials L & B above the date, and R C below. ARP is stamped to the side.
I wonder if it's an Australian make?
All rings are steel and show signs of some corrosion from storage. Snaps and drain holes (3 of them) are brass.

Anyway, they are only $20.00 plus about $7.00 to ship UPS if anyone is interested.

Also if anyone wants to see some pictures of the one I bought I'll post them tomorrow, just let me know.

Thanks
Indiana Redmon
pastimesteve
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by pastimesteve »

Thanks for the information! I would like to see some pictures. What was the overall condition of the bag when you received it and what's their customer service like? Any odd or stale smells from the bag you bought?

Steve
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Post the pictures when you can please -

Also, would you say it's any more Tan than a MKVI or VII ? I want a tan one.

Doug C
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

I'll post some pictures Thursday night

Doug C.

This bag is definatly leaning toward tan. I own 5 MK VII bags and one MK VI, and this bag is definatly tan Khaki. My Canadian MK VII is not even this light in color.

pasttimesteve.

I orderd the bag last week, wednesday night I believe, and it arrived on Monday via UPS.

The metal sliders on the webstrap are rusted in areas. They can be cleaned up I believe, but I'm removing this and attaching a leather strap anyway. The brass is tarnished but should clean up well. I can find no rips or tears I think these were never issued.

The only odd smell is the long term storage smell this older surplus webgear gets. Usually hand washing with a mild detergent will take care of it. Airing in the sun works quite well also.
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Thanks that's what I'm looking for then, please do post pics if it's not too much trouble..I will probably order one of these.

Doug C
Trotsky
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Trotsky »

Watch out for Colonel Bubbie! A bunch of guys in the WWII Reenacting community have had major problems on getting the correct product and authenticy issues, as well as poor customer service. I have not ordered personally from him but I have heard of enough bad experiences, just watch out.
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Here are links to photos I took of my bag.

I'm replacing the web strap with a leather CETME sling strap this weekend.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/ ... CT0063.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/ ... CT0061.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/ ... CT0060.jpg

Thanks

Indiana Redmon
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Trotsky:

Thanks for the heads up. I had no trouble getting this item, but that info is good to know. I also do WWII British 6th Airborne, and thats something to be aware of.

Thanks

Indiana Redmon
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Thanks both you guys! I may gamble on ordering one of these cause I like that color and it's CHEAP.. aw, here we go again :P

Doug C