Last Crusade: Dark Brown or Authentic?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Last Crusade: Dark Brown or Authentic?

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Sorry for having bombarded the forum recently with a ton of questions, but being a first time Wested Indy owner and all, I'm hoping to strike gold with my first try.

Can anyone tell me if Authentic Lambskin or Dark Brown Lambskin is the one that best matches the actual Last Crusade jackets? (Based on the actual jackets, since what is seen on screen usually varies on lighting and color correction)

I figured it to be Cowhide at first, but then read here that it was Lambskin. And then even here, some say that it is dark brown, while others says it is authentic...
orb
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Austria (He doesn't know any of those guys. - Tony Nowak)

Post by orb »

All the film used jackets were authentic lambskin. But the authentic color does look a bit chocolate brown to me. But in natural light it looks also dark brown to me. It's more like a chamaleon. If you want accuracy then go for authentic. If you only want the dark brown color. Then go for DB.
However I'm sure when you got the first wested then you want a second one :lol:
I also must warn you because the film used leather doesn't look like the leather which wested offers today.

So IMO a Predistressed Cowhide with Pecards looks really good like LC.
Or get a Dark Brown Cowhide, distress it yourself and then use some pecards Please move to Gear Care & Distressing :D
But that's just my opinion. I've found an interesting thread for ya:
viewtopic.php?t=12333&highlight=

Much regards

orb
Masterfulks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Masterfulks »

I've always thought the jacket looked Dark Brown to almost black on screen.

The authenic seems too light in the picks I've seen (though TLC jacket on screen is dusty in a lot of scenes to make it look lighter).
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

In the Last Crusade the jacket looks more authentic brown to me than the previous 2 films.