Where to buy acetone

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Where to buy acetone

Post by Kt Templar »

A little while ago Ken asked where to buy acetone in the UK. I suddenly had a brain wave and realised they used acetone in the burgening nail extensions industry. Soooo there are 2 new ways to get hold of acetone wherever you are.

1) Chat up one of the nice ladies in your local nail bar and see if you can get them to sneak you out a bottle.

2) If this will result in you missus killing you in various painful ways; look up beauty supplier in your local business pages and voila!

Big bottle of pure acetone £4.00 for a litre, thank you very much!

Michaelson look away now!

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

AAARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!! #-o :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Speaking of acetone, I wasn't even lookin' for it when I happened to come across it at Wal-Mart the other day. I'm restoring a 69' Charger and the acetone is near the paint stripper materials. But as far as "distressing" goes, I used to like artificial distressing, but I've been leaning towards the "Michaelson school of distressing" lately :wink: .

Kindest Regards,
Captain D
Flattery
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Flattery »

Wow -- that's a narrow collar diameter. I have a size "small," and it's huge on me. Rather, it was. I was able to shrink it down using the dryer method, but still... I wish the collar of my WotW jacket (by Wested) was that form-fitting.

All of my lambskin jackets (Indy & WotW included) have distressed nicely over the past months. I've applied acetone to each, and I must say, as evidenced by my dark brown goat ToD, acetone seems to be much more effective with the dark brown dyes, lamb & goat included, than the authentic-brown leather offerings.
Captain Ron Solo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Captain Ron Solo »

Flattery,
I'd like to see a picture of your Temple goat if you've got any. :)

JKL
Ron