Toy Gun - Avenger (very cheap revolver) - VIDEO added

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Toy Gun - Avenger (very cheap revolver) - VIDEO added

Post by Erri »

Few days ago in a toyshop I found this "cap gun" called Avenger that looked "indyesque" enough for my "deeeeeeeep" knowledge of guns... it was for 11.99 euro so I grabbed it. Finally I can have an indyesque toy gun with a superpowerful sound (yeah ok it's just 125dB :lol: ). I'll try to post some pictures hopefully soon... btw have a look at their website http://www.edisongiocattoli.it/index.php?index go to the "cap guns" and look for the model called AVENGER :wink: I'm quite happy with it :D

PS looks like having a 4" barrel but I'm not totally sure. As I said, I don't know alot about guns.
Last edited by Erri on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

:shock:

Oh, man I don't know how you found this but thank you so much. :D

They sold these exact same cap guns at Children's Palace when I was a kid. In fact I still own the Uzimatic even though it doesn't work anymore and I used to own the Helena but I somehow lost it a long time ago. By the way that gun would make a good "close-enough" Last Crusade gun because you load the caps in by pulling the barrel down like the Webley.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Here some pictures

VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Nice! :tup: So it's pretty loud eh? The barrel looks a bit longer than 4", did you measure it yet? Wanna get me one of these? ;)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Nice looking gun, but looks a bit small for you. Seems to be built for kids hands. How does it fit in your holster, Erri?
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

VP wrote:Wanna get me one of these? ;)
If you wish I can get you one no problem :wink:
Kt Templar wrote:Nice looking gun, but looks a bit small for you. Seems to be built for kids hands. How does it fit in your holster, Erri?
A bit small the handle yes but you can't have everything :wink: (... and don't forget I have 22cm-long hands :P )
I'm very happy that it makes a sound! :lol:

I don't have a holster btw. Useless to buy one without a gun :lol:
:wink:
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Kt Templar wrote:Nice looking gun, but looks a bit small for you. Seems to be built for kids hands. How does it fit in your holster, Erri?
I'd have to agree. It looks tiny in your hand Erri. Looks good other than that.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

IndyDoc wrote:
I'd have to agree. It looks tiny in your hand Erri. Looks good other than that.
Maybe I can try to change the holster for a bigger one, would lookg good I think. For 12 euro I can risk!
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

It's a bit of an old thread but I took a video of the gun in "action". I know it's a sh*tty pop gun but it's quite fun for a kid like me, besides I'm not ready to spend more than 200 euro for a PFC cap gun (yet)... which I would really love.

Here is the video, just for a smile really

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zA5G1GtNeo
clark.j.kent
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Toy Gun - Avenger (very cheap revolver) - VIDEO added

Post by clark.j.kent »

I just purchased this one on eBay (of all the things for it to come in, in comes in a hens night set), anyway, I thought it would be good enough once given a coat of paint. It only cost about $15, so even if it doesn't work out, it's not a big loss.

Russian Raider
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Russian Raider »

Wow, now thats a holster! Very stylish! ;)
Indiana Hutch
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Hutch »

Its funny, I used to collect the EG cap guns when I was a kid. They make great cap guns that look like the real deal, and they're not expensive. I still have two revolvers of the same type from when I was a kid that look exactly like a M1917, more or less. :)
mark seven
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mark seven »

Here's my adult-sized toy gun(made for fancy dress)I bought from a local market(£5.99).
I've prised the orange tip off,I need to cut the barrel down to 4 inches and add the sight back in Milliput.

Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Any brand information or if it's available online? Is it plastic?
mark seven
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mark seven »

No brand name-just says 'made in China'-bought it from a local fancy dress shop.It's made of plastic,I broke the orange tip off the end,the trigger and hammer work(barrel is solid) but it's basically just a toy gun.It's just nice to have something to go in the holster.I'd love to have a better copy,but a decent replica just wouldn't make it through UK customs :( .I gave up looking on ebay,most of the toy guns on there are for kids.I stumbled on this one by accident last week.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I'm still looking for my Edison pop gun "adult size version".
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

dang that Laramy model looks like a webley
kiltie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by kiltie »

Erri,
Holy smokes!!! I have to echo Pitfall Harry's sentiments near the top of this thread: these are the toy guns that I grew up with. I must have had five or six out of that catalog myself ( including the Uzi, Pitfall ;) ). Aside from screen accuracy, etc... these are sturdy toys. That's what I like most about them. A lot of them, in fact, used to be metal.
The holster stuffer I have right now is Italian made, but I don't think it's this company. I was shocked to see it's not Chinese, and even more surprized to see it's Italian. I wonder why that particular industry developed there ( relative of the spaghetti western? )
Anyway, great find and good of you to share, even if I'm almost three years late to the party.
Methos
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Methos »

kiltie wrote:Erri,
Holy smokes!!! I have to echo Pitfall Harry's sentiments near the top of this thread: these are the toy guns that I grew up with. I must have had five or six out of that catalog myself ( including the Uzi, Pitfall ;) ). Aside from screen accuracy, etc... these are sturdy toys. That's what I like most about them. A lot of them, in fact, used to be metal.
The holster stuffer I have right now is Italian made, but I don't think it's this company. I was shocked to see it's not Chinese, and even more surprized to see it's Italian. I wonder why that particular industry developed there ( relative of the spaghetti western? )
Anyway, great find and good of you to share, even if I'm almost three years late to the party.
I've gotta echo both Pitfall Harry and Kiltie! :D Looking through that catalogue was an absolute blast from the past!!! :shock: I had their 'Falcon', 'Lionmatic' and 'Matic 45 Special', back when I was a kid. And that was a long time ago! I got those cap guns from Sunny's Toy Shop in Staten Island, NY, circa the late 1970s, possibly 1980. Their 'Falcon' was my first, as it reminded me of James Bond's Walther PPK. I also loved the fact that the cap strips were loaded via a clip, akin to a real automatic pistol. Great to see that Edison is still in business!! :D
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Sounds like this Edison Giocattoli sells Worldwide and has been doing so for decades! Glad I refreshed some childhood memories people, I've seen these toys since I was a kid, never thought they were anything special :lol: but I can understand the affection-value.

I'm still looking for an "adult-version" on which I would change the handle but I'm not sure they do them at all