An AB Deluxe in Venice...

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

hp
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

An AB Deluxe in Venice...

Post by hp »

Hi guys,

I'm HP from Germany. I've been around quite a while and read every topic with great pleasure. Finally, I decided to join COW and to contribute to this fantastic community.

I'm 38 years old and an Indy fan since 1981. Last year I came across http://www.indyfedora.com and ordered the HJ they were offering. One of the last with white linning.

Some weeks later I came across indygear.com, COW and Marc Kitter, who was just starting his hat making business. I learned a lot about screen accuracy and was so exited that I ordered the AB Deluxe. I guess I was was one of the first people ordering it, giving Marc a chance to start his business.

Since that, I learned a lot about hats, fedoras, and the huge difference between factory made hats and hand made hats. The difference between my HJ and my AB Deluxe is so tremendous in terms of material, quality and shape, especially when you can see and feel them side by side.

I also learned, that screen accuracy does not fit to my face - at least the Raider's hat. So I decided to go with LC style, asking Marc to take over the measurements from my HJ. He was very, very patient with me!

The resulting hat can be viewed on http://picasaweb.google.com/hp.images/ABDeluxe. The pictures were taken this summer in Venice, where we spend our family holiday. It's amazing that the place barely changed since 1989.
Please don't look at the rest of my "gear". It was too hot to wear a grey suit ;-)

Any comments welcome! But please be gentle ;-)

Cheers
HP
slowdevil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

awesome

Post by slowdevil »

I think the hat is a real beauty. You might consider putting a curl on the sides of the brim, if you really want to get the Last Crusade look. It really looks like an exceptional lid and very accurate to the film as well.

Justin
Antone
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Antone »

Ah, Venice.

A fine hat, and excellent choice of locations for pictures. I find myself wanting a picture of you in front of the library climbing out of a manhole cover, in among the tables...

Sounds like you had excellent timing on buying hats in both cases; congrats on the new AB!

Antone
hp
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by hp »

Thank you very much!

@slowdevil

You're right. I worked on the brim and the curl since these pictures were shot. Now they are more defined.

@Antone

The manhole cover wasn't there. At least not at the place shown in LC.
I only found a square one, but at a different point in front of the church. I wondered if the manhole cover was specially made for the film!?

Cheers
HP
Kaleponi Craig
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kaleponi Craig »

Great looking lid, HP, and in the most beautiful city in the world...KC
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: An AB Deluxe in Venice...

Post by Erri »

hp wrote:It's amazing that the place barely changed since 1989.
There are many laws here for the protection of antiquities 8) (buildings included). The Library seems to have been cleaned up.
Nice hat and welcome on board hp :D
mark seven
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mark seven »

Welcome hp,AB+Venice= 8)