delivery time on a wested

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

RichardSK
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

delivery time on a wested

Post by RichardSK »

How long does it actually take to receive a Wested from day of order. I've heard the 21 days plus 2 - 3 for shipping. Does this mean 5 weeks for arrival?
Darth V.A.D.E.R
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Darth V.A.D.E.R »

I recive my cotton Wested for 5 weeks from day of order.
Best Regards
Kaplan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Kaplan »

In what part of the world are you located? I am in southern New Mexico, a half hour from the boarder of Mexico and after what seemed like an eternity (but wasn't really) of waiting for my jacket to be made, I called up Wested on a Monday with the intention of breaking a few balls. To my surprise (and delight), they told me that my jacket had already been shipped. They gave me the tracking number (that wasn't supplied by email for some reason) and I found that my package had entered the country the day before. I checked the USPS website about every five minutes for a day :roll: and on Tuesday, it said that my package had arrived in El Paso. This was perfect, because I had to drop a friend off at the airport in ELP that morning anyway and the post office (where my jacket was sitting idle) was less than a mile from the airport. It couldn't have worked out better! But I do get jealous when I read about people getting their wested in 13 days!!!:evil: Anyways...here was the schedule:

--I SHOULD ADD THAT I PLACED MY ORDER APRIL 6th.--

- Delivered, May 16, 2006, 2:15 pm, EL PASO, TX 79910
- Arrival at Pick-Up-Point, May 16, 2006, 11:43 am, EL PASO, TX
- Forwarded, May 16, 2006, 11:42 am, EL PASO, TX
- Enroute, May 16, 2006, 7:39 am, EL PASO, TX 79910
- Inbound International Arrival, May 14, 2006, 12:43 am, KENNEDY AMC
- Foreign International Dispatch, May 13, 2006, 2:19 am, COVENTRY, GREAT BRITAIN
- Foreign Arrival at Outward Office, May 13, 2006, 1:11 am, COVENTRY, GREAT BRITAIN
- Foreign Acceptance, May 12, 2006, 6:13 pm, GREAT BRITAIN\

I hope this LONG WINDED answer helps!!
:D
-GC
bullit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bullit »

Hi,

I ordered my LC last tues over the phone, Peter told me that it'l be about 3 weeks. I do live in the uk though.

Bullit.
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

As with any custom made item, it I'm sure varies, but I think the 21 days is probably a worst-case senario.

I just ordered a Wested at the first of June and it arrived about two and a half weeks later. Since I'd already resigned myself to waiting the full five weeks it was a VERY pleasant surprise!

:)
Last edited by WinstonWolf359 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Ordered my Wested TOD Jacket in Dark Brown Horsehide on June 6, 2006, and it just arrived Saturday July 1.

About three and a half weeks.

Not Bad I think.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

jacket

Post by BendingOak »

I have two jackets from Wested and both came to me under three weeks.
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

I have a question about delivery time once shipped. I was told that my jacket would be shipped on Monday & arrive Thursday. It's now Friday, and no jacket. I realize it's possible that it wasn't shipped on Monday for whatever reason, but has anyone had it take longer than 4 days in transit? Just curious, since I didn't bother to ask for a tracking number...

~Jace
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Really? Mine was shipped last Thursday, the 8th, and arrived in my hands in Tennessee this past Tuesday, the 12. It arrived in NYC on the 9th, then sat until the 11th due to the weekend.So, I guess it depends on where you are.

15 to 21 days? :shock: CJ, are you talking from time of order to delivery or what? Tyrloch is asking about actual time in transit!

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I hope! I thought they were shipping by banana boat for that kind of slow time in delivery!! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Connecticut Jones wrote:i really really really hope it gets here before our schools new show... Our costume deigner wants me to wear a leather jacket that looks "adventurous" :wink: :wink: I already get to wear my AB... anyway... back to salivating over others wested's... ( number two... and i`m more excited than for the first one!!)
The 21 working days is on manufacture, I helped a friend order one yesterday and that's the time she's quoting. Add about 4-5 days for shipping and you are looking at about 5 weeks to the States.
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Michaelson is correct - I meant transit time. I originally ordered the jacket on Aug. 16th, and I was told that it was going to be shipped on Sept. 11th. It's now the 16th of Sept. & no jacket yet...the main reason that I'm slightly concerned is because that last time I ordered, the jacket was sent out on Thursday & received on Sunday -- just 3 days...

~Jace
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I had sent Gemma an email asking when mine would be shipped a few weeks ago, and she said it would take a total of 21 days to ship. Then I recieved an email from my mom saying she'd just gotten the shipping notice. My order was processed on August 16th, and it was shipped on Wed. the 30th. So that's 14 days - I got it 7 days later, on Tuesday, Sept. 5th.

It took a 21 days total, including weekends and holidays, but only 14 business days.

In Christ,
Shane
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Lucky you :).

She did say specifically to me that they were quite busy at the moment and current orders were taking up to 21 working days. Now I'm in the UK, as you know, so any shipping here would only take a day or 2. Maybe she's got used to adding a few days to account for the distance to the US... but I'm guessing no.

Anyway here's hoping that the 21 days is a long estimate.
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Mine took 6 days to make and 7 days to ship, so that's 13 days total to Finland. Four of them were weekends, so 9 working days from order to door. Not bad I'd say. 8)
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

No worries, the jacket arrived today. I have a question though: When I ordered my last jacket, I asked for the 80's fit, which I got. But I also got the minimal leather facing inside the zipper & inner pocket. When I asked Gemma about it, she explained that it was part of the 80's fit package. I almost asked for these features anyway, so it was okay. Now I specified the 80's fit on this jacket as well, which it indeed seems like I got it, but it has the leather facing inside the zipper & on the inner pocket...I don't understand why if it's part of the 80's fit (919 Pattern), then why does one jacket have it & the other doesn't? Now, they absolutely nailed all my other specs, and this is something that is on the inside of the jacket & doesn't show, so I'm not complaining at all. But this is the sort of thing I was talking about quite a few posts back when I stated that it would be helpful for everyone if there was some way of getting a list of specs available on a Wested jacket, and exactly what each spec is...I think it would also virtually negate any returns to Wested for alterations due to not fully understanding what you were going to get when you asked for spec A, spec B, or spec C...enough talk, I'm going to throw my new jasket on & break it in. :lol:

~Jace