Holster help

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

indiana745
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Holster help

Post by indiana745 »

I'm looking for a cheap Indy holster and have notice the IMA Webley holster is only $30. Question though: what is IMA? What does it stand for and what is there website address? Also, are there any other good sites out there that sell halfway decent looking holsters I could pass off as an Indy holster for now? Halloween is around the corner and funds are tight.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Holster help

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

[quote="indiana745"]what is IMA? What does it stand for and what is there website address? Also, are there any other good sites out there that sell halfway decent looking holsters I could pass off as an Indy holster for now? quote]
IMA stand for International Military Antiques. Their webaddress is a mystery to me since my Bookmarks got wiped out recently. I used to have it and looked on the indygear site and didn't see it under holsters or links.

You might look on eBay for a similar style holster. The one I found isn't 100% accurate, but the shape is okay for me. I paid around $30 or so. With that being the case, I'd go for the IMA if I were you.
Williamson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Reply to the web address.......

Post by Williamson »

I believe the website is www.ima-usa.com. They also run ads in some gun magazines. Hope this helps. Regards,Williamson.
Henri Defense
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Henri Defense »

IMA stands for Internation Military Antiques... I'm with ITG and say you should check out Ebay, I've seen a lot of nice Webley holsters out there and for a fair price.

Henri
Ryusui
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Ryusui »

Hey I have a question that I'd appreciate opinions on.
What do you folks think of a genuine WWI Mark VI holster for $50?
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

It depends on the condition and the year of manufacture and the history of the thing. That price probably would reflect a fair to average condition holster. I've seen these go for a heck of a lot more. You must remember that we are not the only ones out there who collect these. Militaria collector demand will also push the price up.
Ryusui
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Ryusui »

Don't know year of manufacture, but apparently it belonged to an Lc Cpl.