A question about Magnoli pants back pockets

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

A question about Magnoli pants back pockets

Post by Erri »

I just looked at this scene from Raiders
and then i read that old thread posted by Magnoli about taylored pants

i wonder if the back pockets shouldnt be a bit more like i roughly drawed in red in the following pic

I'm starting to go really nut for screen accuracy :lol:
Thanks Magnoli for your answer (when it will be posted).
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

I believe I mentioned something about this in the original thread about his pants as well. They needed to be slightly more scalloped and maybe larger too.

great grabs, erri!

have a nice day.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Texas Raider wrote:I believe I mentioned something about this in the original thread about his pants as well. They needed to be slightly more scalloped and maybe larger too.

great grabs, erri!

have a nice day.
Thank you my friend, well i hope these screen grabs might help the great Magnoli.
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

ImageImageImageImageImage
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Thank you the VP, the first one is very clear in supporting my... question
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Just a point here, at least from my observation....all the photos show the back of the trousers where Indy is leaning forward. Wouldn't IM's flaps look exactly the same if the flap is buttoned, then the trousers stressed forward, as is shown in erri's photos? I think they would. The flap will look as sharp. If you make them that way in the flat, then stress them, they'll look almost triangular in shape.

I think it's just the way the flap is being pulled (stressed) that's showing us the shape we're seeing. They don't look that way flat.

How about someone putting on a pair of Indy M's trouser, lean forward at the angles like the photos, then take a look at the flap shape and tell us what you see. (No photos, please. I don't want to look at any ones, uh, posterior photos, thank you very much. Just report back what you observe.)

Regards! Michaelson
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Michaelson wrote:(No photos, please. I don't want to look at any ones, uh, posterior photos, thank you very much. Just report back what you observe.)
Afraid of someone seeing you surfing on weird sites during worktime, eh? ;)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Humm. Hadn't thought of that angle. :-k :lol:

Nah. They've walked in on me reading Egyptian magic on demonical possession and not raised an eyebrow. I guess nothing much surprises them anymore..... :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Michaelson wrote:Just a point here, at least from my observation....all the photos show the back of the trousers where Indy is leaning forward. Wouldn't IM's flaps look exactly the same if the flap is buttoned, then the trousers stressed forward, as is shown in erri's photos? I think they would. The flap will look as sharp. If you make them that way in the flat, then stress them, they'll look almost triangular in shape.

I think it's just the way the flap is being pulled (stressed) that's showing us the shape we're seeing. They don't look that way flat.

How about someone putting on a pair of Indy M's trouser, lean forward at the angles like the photos, then take a look at the flap shape and tell us what you see. (No photos, please. I don't want to look at any ones, uh, posterior photos, thank you very much. Just report back what you observe.)

Regards! Michaelson
Well Mike, the first pic i took and elaborated is the scene in front of the swordman in Cairo, in that scene indy is just standing and not bending. :wink:
and as you can see in the first (farest) shot the pants are loose as whenever he stands.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Sorry erri, I'm seeing him bent forward at the waist in all 5 of your photos above, as well as the first photo in the opening post. :-k

I do see the straighter line of the pocket in your closeup though. I'm still of the belief it's the bend of the flap in the flex over the curve of the backside of an individual we're seeing. I'd love to see side by side comparisons of these two trousers laying flat on a table.

Regards! Michaelson
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

The 5 photos i posted in the first message are all the same shot but zoomed many times. He's just bent of few grades, how can a pocket change it's shape for few grades?
Well i'll look for other pics just for the sake of it
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

erri_wan wrote: He's just bent of few grades, how can a pocket change it's shape for few gradest
Easily. You're also assuming they're the same pair in every shot too. That's the same mistake we make in our jacket discussions. I've had several pairs of NH trousers pass through my hands, and where they were also custom made, no two pairs had the same shaped flap on the back pockets! :roll: :wink:

Please find and post away any and all photos you can, my friend. I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just stating an opinion of what I'm seeing, and something to take in to consideration, as we've seen a LOT of these 'this is what is going on', and discovering that it's not the case at all.

Regards! Michaelson
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I didn't think that we could have had different pockets in the same kind of pants... well that could explain a lot

So my first question from "how screen accurate they are?" change to "is it possible to have them more scalloped (as Texas said)?"

I'll try to take other pics from other part of the movies... by now get another from Cairo :wink:

Anyway i'm waiting for Magnoli here, this is just a friendly question to a great taylor, i dont want that this tread might turn into a campaign against him. It would be highly nefarious
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

You've proved my point by your own photos, erri. Look at your first post and red out line of the flap.....flat sides. Look at your latest screen grabs and red line....curved/scalloped flap.

So, what's screen accurate? Looks like and either/or answer to me. They change from trouser to trouser.

Regards! Michaelson
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

All I can say is #-o

But seriously... I'm quite happy with the shape, but if you want a different flap shape, feel free to e-mail me a JPG when you order and I'll try to get them as close as I can to your preference. :D

Kind regards,
Indy
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Indy Magnoli wrote:All I can say is #-o
:lol:
I'm quite happy with the shape, but if you want a different flap shape, feel free to e-mail me a JPG when you order and I'll try to get them as close as I can to your preference. :D
That's a good news, would it cost something more?
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

erri_wan wrote:That's a good news, would it cost something more?
Nope. ;)

Kind regards,
Indy
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Great thing to know Magnoli :D:D:D:D I think you should add this info to your thread or well we could link this to yours :wink:
Indy_Railok
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: A question about Magnoli pants back pockets

Post by Indy_Railok »

erri_wan wrote: I'm starting to go really nut for screen accuracy :lol:
You no nuts, You're crazy!

:lol: , I couldn't hold myself.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

That's true, as i said to Michaelson... I blame COW :twisted: :twisted:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

That's true....that's what he told me! 8) :wink:

High regards! Michaelson
Floribama Steve
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Floribama Steve »

I got some severe "grooves/no grooves" deja vu while reading this thread. :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I, too, felt a disturbance in the force :shock: ....whoops, wrong forum.. #-o :wink:

Regards! Michaelson.
Redinight
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Redinight »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6593505318

Wow...

Edit, pis disapeared, darn it was so great... Definately sculpted, only slightly.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Michaelson wrote:I, too, felt a disturbance in the force :shock: ....whoops, wrong forum.. #-o :wink:
Sorry, that was me, typing w/ the blastshield down again... :oops:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

This kind of pants?

Image Image
Redinight
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Redinight »

erri-wan, no it wasn't those. They were such a great mach and when I looked for Korean stuff, they never showed up. I should email the seller to get the pics, because they look so close, and they had normal belt loops and such..
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Redinight wrote:erri-wan, no it wasn't those. They were such a great mach and when I looked for Korean stuff, they never showed up. I should email the seller to get the pics, because they look so close, and they had normal belt loops and such..
mmh interesting, see if you can get the pics :D
DocWeeks
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by DocWeeks »

VP, just wondering when your wife/gf finds all those pics of Ford's posterior how you're going to explain it... :-P

Wow... I remember when I first found IndyGear several years ago... the screen accuracy detail wasn't NEAR this... detailed.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I do..... #-o

Regards! Michaelson
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

I don't need a woman.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

I don't need to drink, either, but it sure makes life nicer. :wink:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I think this topic can be locked, nothing more we could say about this.

Magnoli offered free changes to everyone who asks for a different shape of the pockets so in conclusion i link to the pants thread viewtopic.php?t=14894

and this is all :wink: