S&W HEII - How do you go about obtaining the real deal..

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

S&W HEII - How do you go about obtaining the real deal..

Post by Minnesota Jones »

Say, I've wanted a real handgun for awhile now, so other than making off with Lee's beauty in the middle of the night, how does one start the hunt for the elusive S&W Hand Ejector II - brown grips, gold medalion, 4 inch barrel, etc etc.....? Any help to get the search started in the right places would be very helpful.

Oh, and pricewise, what's your ideas on the terms of cost of this baby? $400? $600? Thanks again!
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Hey, buddy. Best suggestions...

Ask Michaelson. If memory serves he's a Coinsurer of fine S&W firearms and would rattle off figures.

Second, visit your local gun shops and tell them what you're looking for. Folks around here are good people and if they don't have what you're looking for they might know from where to order it for you... I'm sure the shop owners around you are the same. While you're there find out what the regulations are for owning firearms in your state and town.

Third, join the NRA, they are the best source on Firearms safety.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Well...

Post by Michaelson »

...best price I've ever seen was $250. Highest I've ever seen was $650. Same type revolver, same condition. It all depends on where you're standing, and who you're dealing with. Pawn shops are indeed the best place to start look, especially in a BIG town with lots of turn over of stock. You're best bet is a shop that's been there for a long time and is well established. I was in one in Tallahassee Florida back about 1993 and saw a Webley Mk VI .455 revolver with a box of .455 Eley ammo and holster in a case for $230! I wasn't in the market for a Webley at the time or I would have grabbed it ASAP. The big Smith's are out there, and can be found with patience. Regards. Michaelson
Peacock's Eye
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Peacock's Eye »

You might start your search with two periodicals: Shotgun News and Gun List. Other sources have been mentioned at COW and the Indygear site. The second model S&W Hand Ejector was made in several calibers with .45 ACP and .44 Special being the most popular, if my memory serves me correctly. The most popular barrel lengths were 5 and 6 1/2 inches. Far fewer 4 inch barreled versions were manufactured, which may make their values higher. The price of one of these beauties depends largely on their condition. I've seen examples at gun shows ranging from $300 to over $600. The military version had plain wooden grips with no medallion. Hope this helps.
artsee1
Vendor

Hand Ejector

Post by artsee1 »

I bought mine for $230.00 at a gun showw in Bradenton Florida so I guess I got a sweet deal. I really like it but it has the wrong grips. It doesn't bother me that much but if anyone knows where I can get the right grips that would be great.

Paul
geordie jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by geordie jones »

You could try looking on Ebay there seems to be lots of grips for various revolvers. I am always comming across them when trying to get a great bargain on a revolver.