Wested for a lady - any special advice

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Havana
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Wested for a lady - any special advice

Post by Havana »

This question is for the ladies or anyone else who may know. I'm planning to order a Wested for my wife. I've ordered two for myself and both fit perfectly. It has come to my attention that females are somewhat differently shaped than males. Can anyone give me some advice on measuring and adapting a male jacket design to fit a lady? Thanks.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I think Elodie did say she requested a Ladies' Cut, they may make everything a bit slimmer to fit. I think give all the usual measurements, and say you want a ladies' cut.

I don't think they actually put a bust pleat in but suspect they will allow a little more room up top! The standard mens jacket is quite tight in the chest.

Canyon, ITG, Elodie over to you!

BTW here's a pic of my mum in a Wested flying jacket, as you can see it is a definate ladies jacket!

VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Is your mum a ghost? :-k
Havana
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Havana »

What kind of leather is that? That's a great looking jacket. It must be cool having a mom who can become invisible. Just kidding. I know zero about women's clothing so I appreciate your input.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

VP wrote:Is your mum a ghost? :-k
Sigh, very poor, very poor. Please have a think before firing off something like that. Would you like it if I asked if your mum was dead?

Havana,

That is a sheepskin I can't remember exactly what the treatment of the wool is to get it like that but it is lovely, like fur. It's very warm but seems breathable too, the whole of the inside of the jacket lined with it, in fact I think it is the wool part of the skin.

The invisibility is something she picked up on an deep space mission :wink:.

regards,

KT
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

KT, I'm offended...my mother was lost in a black hole on deep space mission. :shock:

;)

I haven't seen any of the Wested's yet w/ a ladies cut...I'm very curious, though, this would make a great present for my wife...if anyone DOES have a pic, let's see it!
Farnham54
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Farnham54 »

Jerry Wrote: I haven't seen any of the Wested's yet w/ a ladies cut...I'm very curious, though, this would make a great present for my wife
Your determined to make a gearhead out of her yet, eh Jer? through Mountains, Through Summits, through Jackets, through...yada, yada, yada.

Cheers
Craig
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

(phew...they bought the whole 'it's for my wife' bit)
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Kt Templar wrote:Canyon, ITG, Elodie over to you!
Well, when I ordered my Wested jacket back in January 03', I put the following under the Requests section:

'Please note that this is a jacket for a lady, Bust size 34B. She is a 10 to 12 in clothing.'

Hope that this helps in some way, shape, manner or form. :wink:
Kittlemeier
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kittlemeier »

It has come to my attention that females are somewhat differently shaped than males.
That made me laugh out loud. Many thanks, K
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Indiana Jerry wrote:(phew...they bought the whole 'it's for my wife' bit)
I sent your *wife* some taupe pants with back pocket flaps for Christmas too... did *she* get them yet? :wink: :P

Really though - I've never seen one with any special looking cut either... wonder why nobody does that.

In Christ,
Shane
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Kt Templar wrote:Sigh, very poor, very poor. Please have a think before firing off something like that.
That's still nicer than the first comment that popped into my twisted and dirty mind.
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

Thanks for posting the picture. That must be the brown wool as opposed to the cream. Not to be critical, but from experience I've learned to never... ever, purchase a light color sheepskin (or any other leather/suede) jacket. Down the road it will cost you in professional cleaning to keep it looking that "lovely". Sheepskin also tends to distress very quickly over time. At least my non-Wested dark brown one does. But, that jacket does look nice, you just need a little snow and a few ice sickles hanging on those leaves in the background though, or at least a bit of fog. :roll:

I'm surprised that Michaelson didn't chime in on the Aliens A2 Jacket which seems to be "shaped" for the ladies, at least shaped for Sigourney Weaver in the film.

...er, I re-read that last sentence, and I meant only that Michaelson would have knowledge of this jacket through his daughter(s). I know how some here are quick to read into certain posts their own meanings. ...one can never be to careful here. :roll: 8-[
Last edited by Rixter on Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Rixter wrote:Thanks for posting the picture. That must be the brown wool as opposed to the cream. Not to be critical, but from experience I've learned to never... ever, purchase a light color sheepskin (or any other leather/suede) jacket. Down the road it will cost you in professional cleaning to keep it looking that "lovely". Sheepskin also tends to distress very quickly over time..
Thanks for the advice, shes not hard on clothes and at the price it can be a little treat, (a less than an Indy jacket). I know at retail in the UK this is £300-400 worth of jacket.
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Yeah, i think as has alreayd been mentioned, the best thing is to ensure that Wested knows it's for a woman, with bust and waist measurements probably being quite helpful to them. It wouldn't be long enough, to my mind, for a hip measurement to come into play.
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Indiana Irwin! Where have you been?
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

VP wrote:Indiana Irwin! Where have you been?
I took a sabbatical for a little while... now I'm back :)
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Rob, good to see you back! :P