A public service announcement...........

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

A public service announcement...........

Post by Fedora »

Hey guys. I just wanted those who ordered a hat from me in August, to know there is a slight delay in getting your hat to you. While I use old hatter techniques in making my hats, I still have to have electricity!! I basically had to close shop all of last week. I only mailed out one hat last week due to this. I should be back on schedule by the end of this week as I am having to work those 18 hour days again. :shock: Just wanted those folks to know, not to panic!! Thanks, Fedora
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Steve,

I am sure that, under the circumstances, we are all far more concerned with your well being than of any delay in getting out the hats

(said the guy who already has his AB :wink: )
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

am sure that, under the circumstances, we are all far more concerned with your well being than of any delay in getting out the hats

(said the guy who already has his AB )

:lol: My thoughts exactly!! :wink: Fedora
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Glad you are ok Steve!

Ken
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Steve, I think a little delay is more than understandable, considering the circumstances. When it all comes down to it, somethings are more important than getting hats out on time. :wink:

bink
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I just wanted those who ordered a hat from me in August, to know there is a slight delay in getting your hat to you. While I use old hatter techniques in making my hats, I still have to have electricity!!
This is utterly unacceptable. Get out your candles and get to work! What kind of a shop are you running? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can picture it. Dr.Steve in the shop which is in complete darkness and only the flash of inconsistant lightning filling the air. He roams the shop in a fast pace, putting hats to the blocks and securing liners as lightning stikes and thunder fill the air.

"Bink!", says Steve in a stern tone. "Where is that vintage ribbon I asked for?. I need it at once!"

Bink, hunched over, scurries across the shop and tears into the cabinets looking frantically for his masters demand.
"Yeeeeeeessss, master. I...I've found it!! Hee, hee hee".

"Here it is, my master".

Dr.Steve quickly grabs the ribbon and turns his back to apply it to the fedora he's grabbed from the shelf. We see his arms wave frantically as he works to complete his vision.

Bink laughs uncontroleably as he jumps up and down, waving his deframed body from side to side as he awaits his masters next beckoning. His trecherous laughs fill the warm, night air. "Hee, hee,hee"

Lightning crashed down hard as rain and high winds blow a window open. Dr.Steve turns to Bink who runs to close the window. As he nears a bolt of lightning comes in throught the window with incredible force, knocking Bink down as he screams in terror. He sees the swift bolt go right into the body of Dr.Steve and his creation. Smoke suddenly fills the room.

The smell of burned felt fills the air. Then, there is silence.

"M...m...master?", whimpers Bink as the smoke clears. He then see's Dr.Steve with a fedora in hand. Little streams of electricity roam around the new creation in his hands.

"It...it's...IT'S ALIVE!!! ALIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!!!!", screams Dr.Steve, holding his creation high as Bink claps and laughs uncontrolably, circling at the doctors feet.

Seriously, glad you made it through. I'm sure nobody will have complaints after all the south has been through.
Last edited by agent5 on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

Steve you are just amazing , don't worry about making hats. Take care of yourself , I'm sure everyone would under stand a delay under these past events.
IndyK
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyK »

The important thing is You're okay. Being whithout electricity is hard enough, but from what we see in the news a lot of people is whithout almost everything because of Katrina.

I still look forward to receive my AB but from what I hear and read - It's worth waiting for.

All the best from Denmark
GraveRobberGreg
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by GraveRobberGreg »

Some people wait a lifetime for a good quality hat....So i would think a couple weeks more wouldnt hurt anyone. Glad to see that you are ok and back to business. I hope one day to be one of those people waiting for a hat :D
Last edited by GraveRobberGreg on Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Steve....I too, I am glad you are ok! I know this must have been rough....glad you didn't recieve the complete devisation of the storm. W>
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

agent5 wrote: Bink laughs uncontroleably as he jumps up and down, waving his deframed body from side to side as he awaits his masters next beckoning. His trecherous laughs fill the warm, night air. "Hee, hee,hee"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"I can take care of that hump."

"What hump?"

:wink:

bink
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

As some one with a new grey AB pending and a reblock pending, I say, take all of the time you need; no rush at all. Get your life sorted out. The hats can wait. :wink: :D I am just happy that you, your family, your house, your business, and your hat blocks got through this OK!
randystokes
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by randystokes »

agent5 wrote:

Bink laughs uncontroleably as he jumps up and down, waving his deframed body from side to side as he awaits his masters next beckoning. His trecherous laughs fill the warm, night air. "Hee, hee,hee"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

"I can take care of that hump."

"What hump?"

Wink

bink
"D**n your eyes!"

"They already are."

Randy
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

The line is

"#### your eyes!"

"Too late!"

:wink:

(One of my favourite DVD's in my collection!)

bink
randystokes
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by randystokes »

Oh, well, close enough I guess. Haven't seen that movie in a number of years. Lots and lots of great lines in that movie!

Randy
Spooky
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Spooky »

Steve,
Here Here - so glad that you and your family are safe and sound :!:

Agent 5,
You should write a fan film screenplay. :D
Harry Steele
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Harry Steele »

Steve,

Very glad to hear you're o.k.

Cheers,
Harry
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

Steve,
Dont worry, Im in no rush to recieve my hat.Id rather know that you were safe and sound then have my AB a week sooner.Im glad to know that you are fine and I eagerly await my AB.
Best Regards,
Joe
DocIndyJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Delay

Post by DocIndyJones »

Steve/Fedora-

Oh God I'm glad you still alive watch out for the looters.

-Doc
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I don't think he's got to worry about looters. Besides, half of them probably wouldn't know what a hat block is! :wink:

bink
Kaleponi Craig
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kaleponi Craig »

No worry, Steve. I think my upcoming AB will somehow even be more special after all of this.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Besides just being a high quality fedora, this reason alone should be the reason why everyone should get an Adventurebilt - Dedication to Quality.