Has this happened to you?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Has this happened to you?

Post by Jack Flanders »

I bought the wpg shirt but am returning it. I washed it the day that I received it and when I took it out of the dryer I noticed that the stitching at the top of the pleat had torn out (I didn’t like the pleat anyway) so I'm returning it. I'm not very impressed with it's construction either- against my ll bean shirt there is no comparison.
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

All in all, the reviews of this shirt aren't looking too promising. :?

have a nice day.
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Yea, I think Hemingway even got one missing a button hole or two. Unfortunately it looks like the shirt has been a pretty big miss by all indications. :(
ij1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Lost in the Temple of Doom 'cause I went right instead of left!!!

Post by ij1936 »

I think that once Jerry sells off his stock of shirts his replacement shirts will be of better quality. When I intially reviewed his shirts I stated that with cold water washing and line drying the shirts won't shrink. Well I was wrong. It took a few washings and line dryings for the shrinking to happen, but it did. To date I have had to sew three of the button holes that have seperated from the shirt. Although the body is a full size, I still like the shirts. The quality of workmanship is not as good as it should be for a $50.00+ shirt.
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

ij1936 wrote:I think that once Jerry sells off his stock of shirts his replacement shirts will be of better quality. When I intially reviewed his shirts I stated that with cold water washing and line drying the shirts won't shrink. Well I was wrong. It took a few washings and line dryings for the shrinking to happen, but it did. To date I have had to sew three of the button holes that have seperated from the shirt. Although the body is a full size, I still like the shirts. The quality of workmanship is not as good as it should be for a $50.00+ shirt.
Let me second that. In the few weeks and the two times that I have washed it. Three button-holes have come away from the material of the shirt. I stitched them back on. And, as Weaver stated, it came without a button-hole for the sleeve. It must be noted that Jerry stands behind these things 100%. He offered to pay for the tailor. Greay guy that Jerry. However, the quality of these shirts is really lacking. It is a great disappointment. I think the Wested is the only way to go right now.