All-Weather Bag Strap

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

indiana_dudley
Vendor

All-Weather Bag Strap

Post by indiana_dudley »

We had another idea on the http://www.lost-ark.net site, the <b>'All-Weather Bag Strap"</b>.

I haven't really seen a strap offered with this purpose in mind, so this is a little experiment.

Again your thoughts gents....

http://www.lost-ark.net/specials.html

ID
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Not sure what you're gaining with this product. The same effect is obtained with ANY leather strap and coatings of a leather dressing such as Pecards. Regards. Michaelson
Templar
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Templar »

Michaelson wrote:Not sure what you're gaining with this product. The same effect is obtained with ANY leather strap and coatings of a leather dressing such as Pecards. Regards. Michaelson
well, yes, and if all gearheads continually oil, wax, and lovingly care for any vegetable tanned leather strap this experiment is superfluous.
some might neglect straps, and know when a strap has been wet, and then dried too quickly, without those currying oils, how easily the leather cracks.
it would take a lot of pecards to oil to this extent, and the currying oils are soaked well in, to let the leather take any amount of abuse from weather.
however,they are a bit soft and stretchy for dress use, and I also asked Dudley to warn of the chance of staining clothes.

mostly its because I got a skin of lovely american pullup in the right colour, which happened to be long enough for 72" straps, and I thought I'd cut a few in case they were of use to any of you.
skins that long are not so easy to find here.

thanks for the feedback.
Templar, who makes Dudleys gear.