Info and feedback on "Henry the Hatter" fedoras pl

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

PADDY
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Info and feedback on "Henry the Hatter" fedoras pl

Post by PADDY »

I have just won a Vintage Fedora in Charcoal Grey (2" black ribbon) by "Henry the Hatter."

It is XX Beaver apparently. Can anyone give me feedback on the quality of these hats, is it likely to be vintage (as that is such an abused word these days)...? And how are they generally rated in the quality stakes.

I didn't pay very much for it, so it's not too much of a loss if it is a "pig in a poke" of a hat. But I was after something that would go nicely with my blue suits and as a winter hat (hence the dark colour). Otherwise I would be a brown hatter all the way (so to speak, steady on chaps).

Thanks in anticipation of the waves of feedback.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Got pics? :wink:

bink
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

My Akubra is XXX Rabbit. ;)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Looks pretty nice from the pics. I'd like to see how you shape the crown. :wink:

bink
PADDY
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Henry the Hatter vintage hat, judge the pics for yourself...

Post by PADDY »

All feedback welcomed. Looks like a cross between "Last Man Standing" and "The Untouchables!"

Lovely hat, the felt is smooth, tight and untouched, with a reassuring stiffness that I like (not floppy!). Doesn't look as if it has ever been worn.

I like the colour, the ribbon...etc, but...(isn't there always..):

Just a tad too small. I am a 7 1/8, I got it stretched slightly at my tailors, but, it really should be on a size 7 head, and that's the truth of it.

See pics, under Henry the Hatter, just click on the link, below...

(meanwhile, I'm sharing a cafe latte with Ella Fitzgerald here, and she is doing the most amazing rendition of "Mack the Knife," Bobby Darren move over!)

http://photos.yahoo.com/paddy_middleton2002

enjoy!