Some Fedoras in "SKY CAPTAIN and THE WORLD OF TOMORROW&

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The_Edge »

This is my favorite movie this year. Absolutely wonderful film. With the exception of the short crowned fedoras I loved everything about the movie. I may start looking for Sky Captain gear! All the cast were fantastic and I usually don't like Paltrow or Jolie. I would have never pictured Jude Law in this role but he was awesome. My wife and I both loved the banter between Sky Captain and Polly Perkins. We were laughing and having a great time through out the flick. It will be a must have DVD for my household.
Rendar
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Rendar »

I really enjoyed this movie for one big reason: I LOVE Art Deco, particularly the Streamliner school, so this movie was right down my alley.

The main complaint I have was Paltrow's acting. It was like she was trying to be that brash girl in a man's world but really didn't quite get it. I think Polly Perkins should have been more like the chick reporter (forget name) in The Hudsucker Proxy.

Jolie fit her character perfectly and it stayed a rather side character as Frankie should have.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Rendar wrote:I think Polly Perkins should have been more like the chick reporter (forget name) in The Hudsucker Proxy.
Jennifer Jason Leigh .... Amy Archer
Rendar wrote:Jolie fit her character perfectly and it stayed a rather side character as Frankie should have.
I read a great article in Premier...to get her groundings in the character, she decided to blend the personalities of Winston Churchill and a dominatrix :shock: ...and really enjoyed it.
Rendar
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Rendar »

Indiana Jerry wrote:I read a great article in Premier...to get her groundings in the character, she decided to blend the personalities of Winston Churchill and a dominatrix :shock: ...and really enjoyed it.
It's slightly disturbing to think of a cross between Churchill and a dominatrix, but now that you mention it I completely see it.

I should have asked his daughter about that (Lady Mary Soames). She was in Edmonton last week rededicating our new Churchill square. ;)
Kris
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Kris »

I got a magazine that reviews this movie, and on the cover is a close up of Gwyneyh Paltrow.. She looks very Elsa like IMO ;)