How's the jacket weather, lately?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: How's the jacket weather, lately?

Post by Michaelson »

:lol:

We have one week of Spring, and one week of fall.

Other than that, it's either Summer or Winter.

Regards! Michaelson
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Wow it got cold this week! The leaves seemed to change all at once and went straight to yellow. The rain has been scattered this fall so it's nice to see the leaves staying on the trees instead of a mushy mess on the roads. Beautiful colors. I've been zipping up my CS and the lining keeps me cozy warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Michaelson wrote::lol:

We have one week of Spring, and one week of fall.

Other than that, it's either Summer or Winter.

Regards! Michaelson
That's kind of an exaggeration there M =;

Sometimes we get a whole 8 days. ;) :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Only in leap year. [-(

;)

Regards! Michaelson
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

True :-k

:lol:
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

The cold weather has just been hitting recently down here in south Tex. So, The two indy jackets I own have made their way out of hibernation! Right now, the only one I can wear without embarrasment is my USwings Jacket, as it fits better in the arms(just barely though)

Am I the only person that has trouble with my indy jackets and arm length? They fit fine with my arms down, but the instant I raise my arms the sleeve pops an inch or more past my wrist, my wested from 12 years ago does it and my USwings from last year does it. I even exchanged my USW Small to a Medium and I have the same problem.

I'm begining to wonder if all indy jacket do that due to the cut/style of the jacket.....

I was wanting to get a custom jacket from Wested but I'm scared I'll have the same issue....
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Post some pics bsj? As long as the end of the cuff hits the first knuckle, usually you are ok, but that still does not negate ride up.

A blast of winter blew in last night and it was 30f at dawn.
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

Mid 70's here in the panhandle of Florida. Cold front coming through later tonight which will allow me to wear my jacket tomorrow. High tomorrow 64.

Gailen
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

The panhandle, eh? I lived and worked in Tallahassee for 3 years back in the 80's. You don't get to wear leather much in that area very often, that's for sure. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

This is true. But I wear it anytime I can. We have a couple of month jacket weather.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

It hit 30F last night and was 32F this morning going to work. Coldest it's been this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

_ wrote:We were 15c - which is mid 50'sF? Cloudy and breezy. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny but still cool. Spending the day Friday in Tipperary. I hear it not such a long way? :-k

Thanks. Now I have that song stuck in my head. :roll:

;)
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

I had to wear my Nowak Crystal Skull jacket today because of the cold wind & rain.
Flyderf
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Flyderf »

_ wrote:Yep - 48 and dreary! Not sure who will get the call today. There are a LOT of jackets waiting patiently in the closet... :-k

Too funny. What jacket gets the call......Like a baseball coach picking the best match-up out of the bullpen.

Same cold weather here in Chicago. So many jackets, so little time. My Gibson & Barnes ANJ-3 has been getting the "call" more often. Most comfortable jacket I own! After that it's the Roughwear A-2 repro...

I figured out how to make my wife a little more accepting of this jacket sickness I have. I let her pick out what jacket she wants to see me in that day. It's working, she is taking an interest in the differences of the jackets I own.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Texan Scott wrote:Post some pics bsj? As long as the end of the cuff hits the first knuckle, usually you are ok, but that still does not negate ride up.
Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Below freezing last night( or so I was told). along with my uswings, I was even able to whip out my grey akubra and wear it today
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Personally, I HATE the kind of weather we experience here in Tennessee this time of year....like today. :-s

Mid 70's with a thunderstorm/possible tornadic activity this morning, then dropping into the mid 30's by tonight....and only mid 50's and down to the 20's tomorrow and tomorrow night. :roll:

I have NO clue what jacket to wear from one day to the next. It's too hot in the morning, but when I leave at night, I don't have a jacket heavy enough to drive the old car home in.

Grrrrrrr. :?

Regards! Michaelson
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, I've been all over the place this week too. :roll:

Hopefully it'll pick a season and stay with it!!!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

..and now a tornado watch until 6. Welcome to Spring again. #-o

Regard! Michaelson
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

I'm very excited that's it's jacket weather finally here in Utah. Today is only in the upper 40 degree mark and nights lately are low 30's. I've been wearing my US Wings USA Made Legend SL. I just love this jacket! I did give it a bath in the washing machine this past summer and I love the outcome! It took away the newness immediately and distressed it to the point that it looks really old and haggard. I normally wear North Face jackets and Patagonia jackets but the Wings has been holding it's own for warmth for me. 

Tornados M! That's crazy in November! I just couldn't live in tornado alley! Once Salt Lake had a tornado it just spun around our valley destroying everything! Our mountains protect us, but if one gets in it will do a lot of damage.

One thing though our ski resorts are open! I've been twice already!
Last edited by Indyzane on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Antiquarian
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician
Location: Los Angeles, California. YouTube Account: The Man-Machine

Post by The Antiquarian »

Although I live in often-sunny southern California, I have a tendency to feel colder than most, so I frequently wear my Sporty's Pilot Shop G-1 leather jacket during every season, even some of summer. Lately the temperatures here have ranged from 65 to 70, highest, and it's gradually going down to just 60. I don't own an Indiana Jones jacket yet, but I'm hoping to hook myself up with a Gibson & Barnes Expedition this Christmas! :TOH: