Wade Egan's CS holster in development (PICTURES)

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Accurate KotCS holster with PICTURES?

Post by lantzn »

Last edited by lantzn on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Ok, here's with the latest alterations(the flash makes it look redder than it is, also it's brand new and not stretched out or worn in at all):

W.E.
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

Kyle,

Thanks for answering my questions. I'd also like to apologize if my comment about the screen grabs struck a nerve. I fully understood that the only way to get better resolutions of those was if your computer worked and I fully know that that can't be helped. I never expected them to arrive from you anytime soon and seeing your dedication in getting pictures posted promptly, I know you would if you could. So I just want to throw that out there that I never expected fast results and just thought I'd at least show my "interest" in wanting to see them "whenever" it becomes convenient for you. :TOH:

As for the color - has THIS ever come up in the discussion of this thread ](*,) :lol: I don't know if you saw my other post I recently did on Lantzn's thread regarding "the nightmare", but I generally look for "consistencies" in the myriad of screen stills, photos, etc. at my disposal. And I'm full aware of the ugly "filtering" that cameras have on them depending on the scene, location, etc. I just see a lot of "pinkish" hues in such books as "CS Photographic Journal" and on screen (especially when Indy first walks into Hangar 51 right before he turns and asks for a compass - if those don't look pink, I don't know what do. :lol:

But ultimately Kyle, the fact that you've SEEN the costume, FELT the costume, INTERACTED with the costume all lend a much higher credibility to what each item actually is. It's one thing to look at a picture of the item, it's a whole other thing to actually feel the fabric, see the color in person, and then be able to definitively track down a still that matches what you've seen and say "here's the color I saw" (which you did). And of course, the person viewing it must be of high credibility and believable. Your reputation for OCD accuracy, details, and striving for nothing but the absolute best combined with your experience all sit very well with me.

I just still am scratching my chin that the true color really is NOT pink! :-k Not that I don't believe you (I have no reason not to), I just am realizing that they (the costumers for CS) really didn't stay very consistent with the fabric choices or colors of LC as is a tradition with those films. Talk about throwing something COMPLETELY OUT THE WINDOW! [-X

And if I could ask a favor of you: you also saw the web-belt, correct? Lantzn and I are also debating over the "true color" of that belt. Lantzn posted a site where he bought his web-belt and it also shows different colors as well. I'm thinking about purchasing a number of them and taking a picture of them once I get them. Would you be willing to take a look at Lantzn's, or my comparison picture, to help determine if any are very close to what you saw in your viewing?

Thanks again! :TOH:
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

Wade Egan wrote:Ok, here's with the latest alterations(the flash makes it look redder than it is, also it's brand new and not stretched out or worn in at all):

W.E.
Wade,

Whenever I have time tomorrow, I'll try to compare your alterations with the stills and provide feedback. Thanks for providing such a fast new prototype! \:D/

:TOH:
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I downloaded the VLC and the dvd is playing, but I don't know how to do a screen shot

Kyle
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

IndyRiv wrote:
I just still am scratching my chin that the true color really is NOT pink! :-k Not that I don't believe you (I have no reason not to), I just am realizing that they (the costumers for CS) really didn't stay very consistent with the fabric choices or colors of LC as is a tradition with those films. Talk about throwing something COMPLETELY OUT THE WINDOW! [-X
Look what they did to the WHIP!!! I mean it's a great whip and everything, I love my Jacka, BUT it doesn't look like the whips in the previous films. I mean come on, it's BURGUNDY!!!
Also, look at the jackets. The first 3 films had lamb skin jackets, but in CS they were cow. So maybe they just wanted to update his pants like they did with some of his other gear. :-k
IndyRiv wrote:
And if I could ask a favor of you: you also saw the web-belt, correct? Lantzn and I are also debating over the "true color" of that belt. Lantzn posted a site where he bought his web-belt and it also shows different colors as well. I'm thinking about purchasing a number of them and taking a picture of them once I get them. Would you be willing to take a look at Lantzn's, or my comparison picture, to help determine if any are very close to what you saw in your viewing?
I believe that lantzn HAS found the same color and weave of the web on the costume that I saw. So I would definitely order some. I know I'm going to.

Kyle
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Wade Egan wrote:Ok, here's with the latest alterations(the flash makes it look redder than it is, also it's brand new and not stretched out or worn in at all):

W.E.
Wade this holster is absolutely beautiful. It's getting better and better with each alteration. It almost has a dark cherry wood tone to it and yes I realize the flash lightens it but I bet as it ages and gets naturally distressed it'll take on the CS look even more.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Last edited by lantzn on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

lantzn,

I know how to do a screen shot, just didn't know if there was anything specific I had to do in VLC

Kyle
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Last edited by lantzn on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Last edited by lantzn on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Awesome, it worked!

Thanks a lot buddy!

Kyle
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Indyriv,
thanks to lantzn's help on getting my MacBook to take screen shots, here are some of the gun belt

Kyle
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I don't know how in the world I missed this, but this has been in my room the entire time I've been looking for good shots of the gun belt ](*,)

Kyle
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

knibs7 wrote:I don't know how in the world I missed this, but this has been in my room the entire time I've been looking for good shots of the gun belt ](*,)

Kyle
Kyle,

Thanks for all the shots of the gunbelt!

And I've gotta say, the one you've had in your room the whole time is pure GOLD! It's perfect for what I need. You can see the curve fully so I think that one will do. \:D/

Again, thanks a bunch! :TOH:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Indyriv and Knibs can I ask a favor of you? Since Wade was ambitious enough to jump in and take on this challenge, I would like to "thin" out all the info that is not related to the Webley holster and either have it moved to a more relevant thread. Let's make this about this cool project. I'm going to delete my non-related info as well. Thanks guys

edit: Well this is embarrassing, where the heck is the delete post option? #-o

Where is it for my others?

hmmm I see one for this post right there --------------------------->
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Wade Egan's CS holster in development (PICTURES)

Post by knibs7 »

Just came across this

(just imagine the plug being flattened and sewn)

http://www.bapty.co.uk/costume/police__ ... y-holster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I find it very interesting how close this is to the CS holster and it comes from Bapty, which supplied one of the guns for Raiders

:-k :[

Kyle
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

[quote="lantzn"]Indyriv and Knibs can I ask a favor of you? Since Wade was ambitious enough to jump in and take on this challenge, I would like to "thin" out all the info that is not related to the Webley holster and either have it moved to a more relevant thread. Let's make this about this cool project. I'm going to delete my non-related info as well. Thanks guys
quote]

Lantzn,

I have no problem having all the other "CS" information moved to another thread, but I guess I'd like it all (including your information) saved somehow instead of deleted or edited. So if the mods approve of the move, that's fine with me. But I think the discussions we've been having on CS would potentially be a benefit to others as well, so I don't want to edit out but rather have it all moved. Does that make sense? :-k

Check with the mods and if they're OK with the move, I'm OK with the move. :TOH:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

IndyRiv wrote:
lantzn wrote:Indyriv and Knibs can I ask a favor of you? Since Wade was ambitious enough to jump in and take on this challenge, I would like to "thin" out all the info that is not related to the Webley holster and either have it moved to a more relevant thread. Let's make this about this cool project. I'm going to delete my non-related info as well. Thanks guys
quote]

Lantzn,

I have no problem having all the other "CS" information moved to another thread, but I guess I'd like it all (including your information) saved somehow instead of deleted or edited. So if the mods approve of the move, that's fine with me. But I think the discussions we've been having on CS would potentially be a benefit to others as well, so I don't want to edit out but rather have it all moved. Does that make sense? :-k

I'm only deleting my computer help info. I want to keep ALL our discussions relating to the development of the CS holster that was posted by all off us. This is beneficial for all to read. Sorry if my post wasn't clear.
Check with the mods and if they're OK with the move, I'm OK with the move. :TOH:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Dang this iPhone!!! My reply is part of the last paragraph not including the last sentence which is your.

Too small screen to see whats going on!!! Yahhhhh
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Got my CS holster today from Wade and it is awesome! Wade really nailed it! Now all I need to do is some distressing and I'll post more pics when I'm done.

Once again, thanks so much, Wade!

Kyle
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Glad you like it Kyle! I've got another one made up and available if there are any takers.

W.E.