Last Crusade jacket thread

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Holt
Craftsman

Re: Last Crusade jacket thread

Post by Holt »

I just used the whole day on distressing my HH LC. I'm not much for distressing anymore but I had the urge for so long now, actually since I got it. and since I wont be wearing my HH daily it probably would take about 80 years before it would look like soething Indy would have worn. then I'm dead and it's passed on to my grandchildren who wont even know or care who Indy was. yeah that was worth it. lol. so I decided to live in the moment and wear it now as it could have been pulled of Indys back

I became very suprised about the tuffnes of this skin. Man! did it required some heavy duty work. I was extremely carefull around the seams tho. luckily not one stitch touch. phew!

point of this post is that the HH quickly broke down after heavy duty work and gave an extreemly similiar look and drape to the original jacket from the screen. at least what my eye is telling me. maby indeed the original (at least one) was heavy weight cowhide or even HH.

anyways, I am extremly glad I did this to the stiff and tuff HH. it now feels and looks like I wear the LC jacket without overcooking it. why didn't I do this before...

Now I get what people say about the distressing needs to be on the LC jacket. it's a part of the whole feel and look.

will post pics if wanted.
Joeyeah_right
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Joeyeah_right »

Indiana Holt wrote:I just used the whole day on distressing my HH LC. I'm not much for distressing anymore but I had the urge for so long now, actually since I got it. and since I wont be wearing my HH daily it probably would take about 80 years before it would look like soething Indy would have worn. then I'm dead and it's passed on to my grandchildren who wont even know or care who Indy was. yeah that was worth it. lol. so I decided to live in the moment and wear it now as it could have been pulled of Indys back

I became very suprised about the tuffnes of this skin. Man! did it required some heavy duty work. I was extremely carefull around the seams tho. luckily not one stitch touch. phew!

point of this post is that the HH quickly broke down after heavy duty work and gave an extreemly similiar look and drape to the original jacket from the screen. at least what my eye is telling me. maby indeed the original (at least one) was heavy weight cowhide or even HH.

anyways, I am extremly glad I did this to the stiff and tuff HH. it now feels and looks like I wear the LC jacket without overcooking it. why didn't I do this before...

Now I get what people say about the distressing needs to be on the LC jacket. it's a part of the whole feel and look.

will post pics if wanted.
:WLWOP:

Yes please! :)

Joe
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... 0&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

see my thread
SFGiant
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by SFGiant »

So did the movie jacket have that zipper facing thing that the Raiders’ jacket lacked?