Post your AdVintage here!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

NorthernRaider
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Post your AdVintage here!

Post by NorthernRaider »

Indiana Jon wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:19 am
NorthernRaider wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:01 am Hey IndianaJon,
Did you reshape your Raiders hat at all, or is that how it comes if you ask for hovito temple bash?
Also, did you pick a specific scene for the bash on the TOD?really liking the sable color.
I did not attempt any reshaping on my Raiders. Just roughed it up a bit. Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Yes, for my TOD I requested the bridge scene bash.
The shape on that Raiders looks really good. I’ve always been partial to the Cairo look for the hat, but I really like yours. And the TOD too. I was kind of a Raiders only guy for hats until I saw that one. Now I want one. I’m trying to talk myself into/out of buying two more hats that I don’t need, lol..

NR
Indiana Jon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Jon »

NorthernRaider wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:40 am The shape on that Raiders looks really good. I’ve always been partial to the Cairo look for the hat, but I really like yours. And the TOD too. I was kind of a Raiders only guy for hats until I saw that one. Now I want one. I’m trying to talk myself into/out of buying two more hats that I don’t need, lol..

NR
:lol: Yeah, that happens.

I can certainly see the appeal of the SoC look. It has a lot of character, but all the things that make it unique also take away from its versatility as a costume piece, in my opinion. It always looks odd to me when paired with a jacket, in other words. The idol grab and the Well of Souls were always my favorite showcases of the complete Raiders costume, so those were my goal posts when building mine.

FYI, I don't believe Thomas can offer a true SoC on the Harrisons. Since they're factory hats, I imagine the bulge would be an issue. That may be a handmade option exclusive, which would affect your price. Just a word to the wise. You may want to confirm that before you go any further. :TOH:
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

The cold and harsh weather hit hard around here and I got to test my AdVintage yesterday with a two hour stroll in the rain. It braved it very well and kept me dry almost until the end. When the hat was quite soaked a bit of water came in around the sweatband, I am guessing at the points where the sewing needle went through the felt.

It's a great nasty weather hat! :TOH:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I’d say it held up admirably.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Indiana Jon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Jon »

bearbeast wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:08 am

It's a great nasty weather hat! :TOH:
Just look at that beautiful warping. As if you just climbed out the water while evading angry Hovitos. ;)

Having never put my AdVintage through this kind of a challenge, I'm curious how it looks once dry. Good as new?
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Indiana Jeff wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:23 am I’d say it held up admirably.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Yes, very much so. I was really impressed!

I have taken it through rain many times, but this was the heaviest rain it has been in. Short of swimming with it, I can't get it more soaked than this.

I also had my Wested Horsehide on me, but it's almost needless to say that jacket is impervious to the elements.

Cheers,
Bear
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Indiana Jon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:48 am
Just look at that beautiful warping. As if you just climbed out the water while evading angry Hovitos. ;)

Having never put my AdVintage through this kind of a challenge, I'm curious how it looks once dry. Good as new?
:rolling:

Honestly, after drying it looks a bit cleaner than it did before. It was full of dust, which is pretty much gone now:

As far as shape and size are concerned, no changes detected, it withstood the water amazingly well. It is the beaver felt version though, at the time I ordered it, it was marked as having the highest weather resistance of all the models.

The older rabbit Harrison I have does not stand up to rain so well, as expected. It got a bit of taper to the crown from the many times it's been in the rain. Other than that it still looks great.

Cheers,
Bear
Indiana Jon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Jon »

bearbeast wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:24 pm

As far as shape and size are concerned, no changes detected, it withstood the water amazingly well. It is the beaver felt version though, at the time I ordered it, it was marked as having the highest weather resistance of all the models.

The older rabbit Harrison I have does not stand up to rain so well, as expected. It got a bit of taper to the crown from the many times it's been in the rain. Other than that it still looks great.

Cheers,
Bear
Nice! I hadn't considered it being beaver. That makes sense. Looks good to me!