Indy fedora same stigma?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

zaynecarrick
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Indy fedora same stigma?

Post by zaynecarrick »

Still waiting on my adventurebilt (got news it should be coming this month!), but I noticed on my round-the-country med school interview trips of a lot of people sporting fedoras, especially in the northeast (NYC especially) and midwest areas both at the airport and walking around town. And it's not just hipsters or Pharrell wannabes. I'm seeing well-groomed businessmen in Wall Street, tourists, regular people in St. Louis, etc. Makes me want to get mine soon before all the interview slots run out.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Drove to Kroger's night before last and counted no less than 5 fedora wearing men on the parking lot before I found a parking place, and I'm not talking 'stingy brim' versions either! :TOH:

The fedora is alive and well in South Central Tennessee....especially in cold weather! ;)

Regard! Michaelson
IndyJedi
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyJedi »

I was in Washington DC this past week and was surprised by how many folks were wearing fedoras. Many were felt and lot were were nicer hats worn with suits. Think I saw at least 10 per day that weren't the short brimmed fedora. Makes me want to get a grey fedora to go with business clothes. ;)
:TOH:
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Michaelson wrote:Drove to Kroger's night before last and counted no less than 5 fedora wearing men on the parking lot before I found a parking place, and I'm not talking 'stingy brim' versions either! :TOH:

The fedora is alive and well in South Central Tennessee....especially in cold weather! ;)

Regard! Michaelson

I miss my days in Johnson City. I was a youngin, but I really fit in down south. Dad's from the south and I spent a huge part of my childhood with relatives there. I sure do love it. How is ole Johnson City these days? Never been there as an adult so my memories of it are pretty slim but I remember loving the countryside.

Now I'm gonna have to look for fedoras around my area.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

It's been years since I've been in Johnson City. i connect every Tuesday to Kingsport for a class and get to that side of the State to visit the daughters, but not to JC. Almost took a job in Erwin years ago, just down the road fro JC. Pretty country.

Regards! M