adVintage re-stocked with Harrisons

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

adVintage re-stocked with Harrisons

Post by Howard Weinstein »

In case anybody's been wondering, I just happened to notice that adVintage Hats appears to have restocked their excellent and affordable Harrison fedora, in most sizes and 4 colors (3 sable variations and smoke gray).

https://shop.advintage.de/en/Harrison-Fedora-hat/
ChrisW
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: adVintage re-stocked with Harrisons

Post by ChrisW »

Awesome!

I don’t have a Harrison but I have been wondering about getting one with an LC bash some day. I saw an old post about how the Harrison’s specs suit Raiders the most as opposed to, say an LC?

Is that true now that more people probably have one? How would it compare with a current HJ with a LC bash?
Tremolo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tremolo »

Hey ChrisW,

here is my Advintage Harrison with an LC bash and while I can´t compare it to a HJ LC I do have a Destiny Poet to compare it to.
You will quickly notice that the HJ crown is a bit fuller compared to the Harrison.

Left is the Harrison and right the DoD Poet

Image Image

Please don´t pay too much attention to the colors. Both hats were photographed at different times of the day with different lightning conditions. In reality the DoD is a much warmer softer brown than the Harrison (True Sable).

Personally I think the Harrison´s blockshape and color works great for a Last Crusade hat.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Great pictures, Tremolo! :clap: Gear looks great as well! :mrgreen:
ChrisW
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by ChrisW »

Tremolo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:05 am Hey ChrisW,

here is my Advintage Harrison with an LC bash and while I can´t compare it to a HJ LC I do have a Destiny Poet to compare it to.
You will quickly notice that the HJ crown is a bit fuller compared to the Harrison.

Left is the Harrison and right the DoD Poet

Image Image

Please don´t pay too much attention to the colors. Both hats were photographed at different times of the day with different lightning conditions. In reality the DoD is a much warmer softer brown than the Harrison (True Sable).

Personally I think the Harrison´s blockshape and color works great for a Last Crusade hat.
Hi Tremolo,

Thanks for the awesome photos! :TOH:

Those hats looks beautiful. Good to see how the LC bashed Harrison looks in full gear and it certainly looks the part on you!
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:27 am Awesome!

I don’t have a Harrison but I have been wondering about getting one with an LC bash some day. I saw an old post about how the Harrison’s specs suit Raiders the most as opposed to, say an LC?

Is that true now that more people probably have one? How would it compare with a current HJ with a LC bash?
Chris, of my 3 Harrisons, one is LC, one Raiders, one Crystal Skull. Each takes on its own personality, and I bet Thomas at AdVintage can deliver what you're looking for. Email him if you have any questions, such as which color might make the best LC hat for you.

His stock comes and goes, and prices do tend to go up over time. So if it's in your budget, this could be a great time to go for it.
ChrisW
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by ChrisW »

[/quote]

Chris, of my 3 Harrisons, one is LC, one Raiders, one Crystal Skull. Each takes on its own personality, and I bet Thomas at AdVintage can deliver what you're looking for. Email him if you have any questions, such as which color might make the best LC hat for you.

His stock comes and goes, and prices do tend to go up over time. So if it's in your budget, this could be a great time to go for it.
[/quote]

Definitely even more tempting now with the support and it being more affordable! True, I should contact Thomas about the color, especially with all the sables he’s got! Thanks!