Indy gear from Karolian Dry Goods

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Re: Indy gear from Karolian Dry Goods

Post by Indiana Croft »

Reach out, he has great customer service, (no pressure Karolian) but I had an issue with a mark on my first, and he swapped with no problems.
So as long as he has the 36, you should be all set.

But as far as the length, most of us have had to take them to a Taylor or seamstress.
Just ask for a military hem.

For the con you’re going to have to pin them temporarily, unless you can find some who can do it quick.

Good luck.

Croft :mrgreen:
TheFedora
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheFedora »

Indiana Croft wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:42 pm Reach out, he has great customer service, (no pressure Karolian) but I had an issue with a mark on my first, and he swapped with no problems.
So as long as he has the 36, you should be all set.

But as far as the length, most of us have had to take them to a Taylor or seamstress.
Just ask for a military hem.

For the con you’re going to have to pin them temporarily, unless you can find some who can do it quick.

Good luck.

So instead of a return, you recommend asking for an exchange for a 36? Just wanting to make sure I have that right.
TheFedora
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheFedora »

Update: the pants are now not available on the Karolin dry goods etsy, and the website is now empty?

Also the pants are gone from Karolin dry goods etsy now?

What are my chances of getting an exchange/refudn now? I lost a few more pounds and now the pants -almost- fit me, and i think staying on the diet until comic con I could make them fit better. (Staying on the diet for a month)
Indiana Jon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Jon »

TheFedora wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:33 pm Update: the pants are now not available on the Karolin dry goods etsy, and the website is now empty?

Also the pants are gone from Karolin dry goods etsy now?

What are my chances of getting an exchange/refudn now? I lost a few more pounds and now the pants -almost- fit me, and i think staying on the diet until comic con I could make them fit better. (Staying on the diet for a month)
Items come and go on his website and his Etsy shop fairly regularly, so it's not necessarily cause for alarm. If I may make a suggestion; you'd be better served reaching out to Adam instead of asking his customers these questions, especially if time is a factor. As Croft mentioned, Adam takes customer service seriously and he's very friendly, so I'm sure he'll get back to you at his earliest convenience. His contact info can be found on both his website and his Etsy shop, so just shoot him an email. I'm sure he'll do whatever he can to help you out.

Good luck! :TOH:
Last edited by Indiana Jon on Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Yes, what he said. :TOH:

TheFedora
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheFedora »

Thinking seriously about keeping the pants even though I already asked him for a refund. I didnt realize how much difference a few pounds would make. So after some consideration I tried them on with my boots and they are not 'too long' when considering the extra height the Indy boots give me, and I can always hem it a bit. But maybe dropping 3-4 pounds will make them more comfortable I think.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Goals to strive for, I know I could loose a few.
Sometimes my shirts will give me the incentive.

Good luck an can't wait for pic's from the CON.

TheFedora
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheFedora »

Indiana Croft wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:30 am Goals to strive for, I know I could loose a few.

Thanks, and I definitely will take pics at the con! Excited to try out new gear at the convention. Definitely as you said, buying an expensive outfit gives the motivation to fit better, even if that means dieting for a month. I already have dropped at least 4 pounds form when I initially tried them on. And a pound from when I tried them on for the second time. So I think 2-3 more and i'll be ready to Indy rock and roll.
KarolianDryGoods
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by KarolianDryGoods »

Hey gang,

Sorry for being MIA on here! I tried accessing the site a few times and it said it was still down.

Yes, my website has kinda been a pain to deal with, so I had been redirecting traffic to my Etsy shop.

ALWAYS feel like you can reach out to me on Etsy or email (KarolianDryGoods@gmail.com) for questions.

Sometimes I pull listings so I can double check inventory - I have oversold a few sizes in the past, and I hate having to tell someone I need to refund them because I am out of a certain size.

Anyhow, great to be back on here! :TOH:

The new run of Berlin shirts are available! They came out great! If these do well, I can set up the next run from a film I haven't done yet. ;)

I am hoping to gear up again soon (things have been insane working 7 days a week the past 4ish months) but John Rhys-Davies will be at a local con, so I feel like I gotta!
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

KarolianDryGoods wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:58 amThe new run of Berlin shirts are available! They came out great
Adam, are these the ones currently listed on your Etsy...or is that the old run?
KarolianDryGoods
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Yes, the listing on Etsy is for the most recent run! Here is a picture of the new Berlin shirt and wool blend trousers.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2024-08-19 at 4.36.56 PM.png
TheFedora
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheFedora »

TheFedora wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:28 pm
Indiana Croft wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:30 am Goals to strive for, I know I could loose a few.

Thanks, and I definitely will take pics at the con! Excited to try out new gear at the convention. Definitely as you said, buying an expensive outfit gives the motivation to fit better, even if that means dieting for a month. I already have dropped at least 4 pounds form when I initially tried them on. And a pound from when I tried them on for the second time. So I think 2-3 more and i'll be ready to Indy rock and roll.
Slight update, I lost the weight and wore the pants at Comic Con. They fit me well, and I've been motivated since then to keep the weight off. :whip:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:TOH:

KarolianDryGoods
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Alright gang,

The materials have been sent to the manufacturer for the next shirt! :CR:

I should have a sample in a few weeks.

Now, I am working with a new manufacturer who has a great reputation.

The exciting thing is that they are based in the USA and do everything in house.

As a result, prices *will* increase. I'm not sure by how much yet, but I will know soon after the sample arrives and they can give a quote - but they have said pricing is competitive.

I'll front a lot of capital for these, but a preorder will be a must - especially as I can get really granular with sizes ordered.

I think a lot of you will be TEMPted to add one to your collection.

TheFedora
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheFedora »

KarolianDryGoods wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:32 am Alright gang,

The materials have been sent to the manufacturer for the next shirt! :CR:

I should have a sample in a few weeks.

Now, I am working with a new manufacturer who has a great reputation.

The exciting thing is that they are based in the USA and do everything in house.

As a result, prices *will* increase. I'm not sure by how much yet, but I will know soon after the sample arrives and they can give a quote - but they have said pricing is competitive.

I'll front a lot of capital for these, but a preorder will be a must - especially as I can get really granular with sizes ordered.

I think a lot of you will be TEMPted to add one to your collection.

A Temple of Doom shirt? Okay that feels very tempting for sure.