Federation V?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Iandiana Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Federation V?

Post by Iandiana Jones »

I see Katoomba has taken most of the Fed IV color options off their site, and the Deluxe is listed as sold out.

You have the option to sign up for a mailing list, with this notice:
TheHatteryKatoomba wrote:The Federation Hat Project is undergoing some exciting updates in 2024, to stay notified sign up below or follow us on our Instagram page.
Makes me think a Fed V is on the way...
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Federation V?

Post by Arch Stanton »

I sure hope so. I appreciate this update. For the past year I was checking their site every day up until a few weeks ago.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Iandiana Jones wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:54 am

Makes me think a Fed V is on the way...
Watch this space. 8)

Regards. Michaelson
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

With all the competition introduced by many hatters since the Fed IV came out, maybe the Hattery decided they needed to up their game -- a more accurate brown felt and ribbon, and widening the side brim a tiny bit to match the well-known dimensions of the Indy hat...?

Add that to their rep for great customer service and Akubra's rep for making sturdy hats at great prices, and they'll be hard to beat!
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

Well I wonder if the overall revamp Akubra is going through now is involved as well? I mean, the manufacture never seems to have recovered from covid (importing rabbit fur all the way from Europe always struck me as odd, especially considering the major bunny problem in Oz in general) and now that it's been bought and is no longer a private family business I can only imagine what they have in mind (just please, don't shortcut the quality and durability Akubra is known for). But I do know the Fed had become more popular than several of the regular styles that Akubra made, and the Fed was always hindered in some ways by needing to use an existing felt color from other models (I believe the brown Fed used a color they called "loden" and was mainly used for the Angler and a few other models). Although I love my Feds, the eggplant hue it takes on in some light is not the most desirable characteristic. It wouldn't shock me given the Fed's popularity if they came up with its own felt color and made some tweaks to the brim dimensions and maybe even getting some new blocks... just please don't shrink the crown dimensions. I can definitely envision them trying to give the hat a more Raiders character now since the IV was based mostly on the CS design and A LOT of people who get it are looking for a Raiders style, which it can actually do admirably albeit better for a smaller person.
Anyway, I love the Fed so please don't screw it up.
IndyJedi
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyJedi »

This is exciting to hear and hope it turns out to be true.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

I for one, ‘’shall watch this space’’ :TOH:

Croft :mrgreen:
Indiana Jon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Jon »

Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to the announcement. As long as they can maintain the quality and affordability (and I see no reason to think they won't), they've got my business.
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

I'll keep an eye on this. The Hattery is one Indiana Jones costuming vendor that I can actually drive to! :whip:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Rob wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:48 am I'll keep an eye on this. The Hattery is one Indiana Jones costuming vendor that I can actually drive to! :whip:
If you do, tell Patrick I said ‘Hi’! :TOH:

Regards! M
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Michaelson wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:14 pm
Rob wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:48 am I'll keep an eye on this. The Hattery is one Indiana Jones costuming vendor that I can actually drive to! :whip:
If you do, tell Patrick I said ‘Hi’! :TOH:

Regards! M
I certainly will! Now awaiting news on the V!