Todd's Jacket Owner's Thread

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Todd's Jacket Owner's Thread

Post by TheExit148 »

The sleeve length for sure needs to start at least at 25.25" from the shoulder on the small, and increment up.

S - 25.25"
M - 25.5"
L - 26"
XL - 26.5"
XXL - 27"
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

make the sleeves adjustable. double sided tape.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

:-k

Not sure how that would work with the lining. Sounds like everybody would need to go to the tailor even if the length was ok as is. :)
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

...knuckle draggers shouldn't expect a good fitting jacket. Forget-about-it! :P

Possibly a change of leather and a few iterations around the release of the movie.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

The latest run is expected to ship any time now according to the website (spring 2022). Did anybody order one? I'm tempted to order one.
Indy_Dave
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indy_Dave »

I have a Todd's (his last run, I think) and would love to get a new one but the due date keeps getting pushed further out which concerns me.
whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

This is my Todd's from ( I think) the first run - I got it second hand a few years back. Interestingly, I once owned the original prototype that Todd created - I wish I'd kept it. I'll try and find a photo and post it here.
mr_alex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by mr_alex »

Has anyone tried out the newest batch of Todd's jackets? I'm not in the market myself, but I'm definitely curious to see pictures/hear folks thoughts!
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

mr_alex wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:17 pm Has anyone tried out the newest batch of Todd's jackets? I'm not in the market myself, but I'm definitely curious to see pictures/hear folks thoughts!
AFAIK they're still not available.

Correction: Tibor seems to have gotten one and it's for sale in the Bazaar. Preorder maybe? There's a photo if you want to see it.
Last edited by Illinois_Jones on Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

Just received mine today but I ordered the wrong size so it’s in the Cairo Bazaar. It’s a very substantial lambskin, overall heavier and more rugged feeling than past versions. It’s very grainy. As mentioned in my listing, it’s somewhere between USWings antique lamb from years ago and Wested’s washed lamb. It is a deep, dark brown, richer color than the washed lamb which leans a little more to the dark grayish-brown. Seems well made, if i wore a 42 this would be pretty sweet. A nice effort; more expensive than before but from what I’ve seen the money was well placed.

Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

Tibor wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:03 pm Just received mine today but I ordered the wrong size so it’s in the Cairo Bazaar. It’s a very substantial lambskin, overall heavier and more rugged feeling than past versions. It’s very grainy. As mentioned in my listing, it’s somewhere between USWings antique lamb from years ago and Wested’s washed lamb. It is a deep, dark brown, richer color than the washed lamb which leans a little more to the dark grayish-brown. Seems well made, if i wore a 42 this would be pretty sweet. A nice effort; more expensive than before but from what I’ve seen the money was well placed.

Does it seem like the sizing is different from past runs or could it be that the heavier leather makes it feel tighter?
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

I think its about the same. I struggle with S, M, L, XL sizing. I’m often in between L and XL
giantthugee86
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by giantthugee86 »

Tibor wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:26 am I think its about the same. I struggle with S, M, L, XL sizing. I’m often in between L and XL
What size did you get? Was it too small or too big?
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

I got a Large, probably needed an XL for sleeve length, but don’t want the body to get too wide.
giantthugee86
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by giantthugee86 »

Tibor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:21 am I got a Large, probably needed an XL for sleeve length, but don’t want the body to get too wide.
What chest size equivalent would the Large be? It's listed as 23 inches. So like 40?
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

Depends on what kind of fit you want. Typically I like about a 24.5 for my 43/44 jacket. I suppose that 23 would be a trim 42
giantthugee86
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by giantthugee86 »

Tibor wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:10 pm Depends on what kind of fit you want. Typically I like about a 24.5 for my 43/44 jacket. I suppose that 23 would be a trim 42
Looking for a snug fit but enough room so I can zip it up easily. I'm usually an L when it comes to off the rack jackets.
Isaidwhipit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Isaidwhipit »

Hi!

New to the board here!
Im deciding between Todds and a Wested Raiders for my first Indy Jacket ( leaning towards Todds).

Im really curious about the sizing and leather durability. Does it seem fragile? Im hoping for kinda thick but not so thick I'm roasting in the spring.

thanks!
Prodigal Son
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Prodigal Son »

Do any of you know if the new Todd's jacket has the flying squirrel effect?
Isaidwhipit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Isaidwhipit »

Prodigal Son wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:45 am Do any of you know if the new Todd's jacket has the flying squirrel effect?
They have gussets in the armpit that I think reduces that effect significantly. Also Very supple leather. It's like wearing a hug.
Todd is Johnny on the spot with customer service as well.
Prodigal Son
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Prodigal Son »

I finally made myself look at their sizing chart and it looks like the pit-to-pit measurements are slimmer than the Wested Raiders jacket. So, it looks like I'll be able to get the Large, which will fit my shoulders and arms while giving a slimmer body. I really want to get one of these things now. I've always liked the Coyle's jacket, even when they smelled. They don't have my size, so it's a waiting game. Come on, Todd, pick up the pace.