Wolverine wested jacket advice

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Wolverine wested jacket advice

Post by indyfan1234 »

Hey everyone I know it’s not Indy related but still a question I had about wested jacket. I reached out to wested about this but they just said do research so didn’t really help. But I want to get their wolverine jacket but I’m trying to figure my size it doesn’t lost chest size on this jacket. My legacy crusade is size 44 since I have a 43 chest and pit to pit on that jacket is 23.5 I believe. The wolverine one has put to pit of 24.5 on size large. So would anyone think that maybe the large would be the size I should go with? Thanks I’m advance I appreciate any help.
-Steve

https://imgur.io/a/JvXsfvg
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Wolverine wested jacket advice

Post by fifthchamber »

It really depends on what fit you're after. Honestly, I find all of Wested's jackets to be a little larger than I'd choose, and wider than the sizes listed, a 44 being a 46 for example...So I tend to order a size smaller than I am at Wested...They still fit, and usually with a little extra room too..But I like jackets with less room in them, a tighter, more fitted look, so it'll depend on what you're after.

I suspect this probably isn't the best place to discuss Wested's other offerings, but that's my answer for what it's worth! Same size, or a size smaller for a better fit.
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

Well a cafe racer like the Wolverine jacket is meant to fit tighter than an Indy jacket. The general advice with most leather jackets, especially motorcycle type jackets, is to size down. It'll stretch and fit better with time. But it's also important to remember that Hugh Jackman is also like 6'2" and had a personal trainer while playing Wolverine.
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Yeah, I sized down to 44 for Wested, and use a 44 with Logan's Closet/Vanson too...Chest is 45-46 (116cm) so I size down and it'll fit fine, remember also though, that despite Jackman having a personal trainer NOW, when he did the first film? He was pretty skinny, and they bulked him up with a vest, a shirt (flannel) and then a denim jacket to pad the size out some...So that's an option too, if you DO go a touch too large....I can fit all that under my Vanson X1, but I don't move too well in it...LOL
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I’ll echo what fifthchamber said, from what I’ve read the biggest criticism of Wested’s Wolverine jackets are they are cut with too much chest tolerance so fit looser than a cafe style jacket would traditionally fit.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Thanks for the advice guys. Since I’m usually a 44 then a large seems to be about the way to go. Seems to be an inch bigger on the pit to pit than my wested LC legacy jacket. The thought of them making the chest bigger for those then I think it sounds like I’ll be okay ordering a large. I’m in California and sending it back for an exchange would cost way too much to be worth it so want to make sure I get it right. I appreciate you all
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

If it's not tooooo late? Probably is? But you might be better off with the selection here? Selling cheap too...The Wolverine Origins jacket is spot on, and depending on size, they might have what you need?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigEffectProp ... d=46382447

BigEffect Props do great jackets....