Hornskov Hats

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Hornskov Hats

Post by Canyon »

Hey there. :TOH:

Earlier today I came across a video of a hat maker making his son an Indy fedora...
https://fb.watch/o42B6AcYCJ/?mibextid=Nif5oz

I checked out his site. and they look like really gorgeous hats and I'm wondering if anyone here as bought one from him. :-k

https://hornskovhats.com/
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Hornskov Hats

Post by WConly »

Versatel! To say the least! I would really like to see one of his offerings! He has a broad imagination for creations! I enjoyed this! Thanks for posting! W>
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Lots of nice looking hats there.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

I do love the look of them as hats, they're wonderful...The only small thing I have "issue" with, perhaps, is the height of the hats made on the people who order them..They nearly all look about an inch too high...Maybe all the customers wanted hats that tall, so I can't say for sure, but the proportions do look a touch too tall to be entirely/comfortably worn by me....The quality is amazing, the felt colours and ribbon designs are superb, but the height....It seems to be across the board and I'm not sure why unless the hatter chooses to make them all a touch higher than would be "standard"..Or all the customers want taller hats...

Maybe it's just me though....Always a possibility. ;)
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

fifthchamber wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:02 pm I do love the look of them as hats, they're wonderful...The only small thing I have "issue" with, perhaps, is the height of the hats made on the people who order them..They nearly all look about an inch too high...Maybe all the customers wanted hats that tall, so I can't say for sure, but the proportions do look a touch too tall to be entirely/comfortably worn by me....The quality is amazing, the felt colours and ribbon designs are superb, but the height....It seems to be across the board and I'm not sure why unless the hatter chooses to make them all a touch higher than would be "standard"..Or all the customers want taller hats...

Maybe Lincoln has a lot of relatives not many people know about - thus taller-styled hats :rolling: ! Well, it's a thought, anyway :CR: ! W>
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

WConly wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:41 am
fifthchamber wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:02 pm I do love the look of them as hats, they're wonderful...The only small thing I have "issue" with, perhaps, is the height of the hats made on the people who order them..They nearly all look about an inch too high...Maybe all the customers wanted hats that tall, so I can't say for sure, but the proportions do look a touch too tall to be entirely/comfortably worn by me....The quality is amazing, the felt colours and ribbon designs are superb, but the height....It seems to be across the board and I'm not sure why unless the hatter chooses to make them all a touch higher than would be "standard"..Or all the customers want taller hats...

Maybe Lincoln has a lot of relatives not many people know about - thus taller-styled hats :rolling: ! Well, it's a thought, anyway :CR: ! W>

Heheh....Yeah, very likely! They all may have asked specifically for the hat to BE tall!
I really like taller hats too! If they're made to BE tall...Top hats look dapper, and even the Indy Raiders is pushing quite high at it's usual height, but the ones here look a little past the Raiders balance too...It's very strange, and may just be me...I'd buy a topper I think, if I ever had call to need one...
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Taller hats are cool -- especially for certain individuals! I don't have any issues with a bit taller fedoras, etc., but I have to draw the line at top hats -- I'm just not tall enough to pull the look off -- It is one of the few hats where I feel as if the hat is wearing me and not me wearing the hat! I really don't have issues with any other hats (at lease all I've tried -- here and there, so far), as I wear the hats and they don't wear me! W>
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Absolutely agreed....I think in general, I'm too short and wide to suit a taller, longer looking fedora, and honestly wouldn't have the guts to try and hold a top hat on, outside at least...I'm 175cm and 98kg, so just a touch too squat for a standard Indy height hat, I feel...I tend to prefer the Crusade since it's just a touch less proud and a little more curved...Just like me..I suspect a lot of it is in my head, so good on the clients of Hornskov for wanting these hats! They do look lovely....