My new Wested Temple of Doom jacket

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Tremolo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

My new Wested Temple of Doom jacket

Post by Tremolo »

After more than decade of enjoying my Wested Custom Crusade jacket in Novapelle I decided to get myself another one. I especially wanted an Indy jacket with a more fitted cut and less weight. After a while of thinking it through over and over again I decided on a Custom Temple of Doom jacket. Next I had to decide on a leather. We all know that this is a whole extra level! :-k
As my other two jackets are cowhide it was down to goatskin and the various lambskin choices. In the end I chose washed lambskin as I kinda thought the look of it lends itself great to that crumpled ToD look.

When I ordered my LC (more on that here viewtopic.php?t=47450) all these years ago I spent many hours obsessing about so many missing details and writing them all down on a list I sent to Wested together with my order and hoped they would fulfill most of my wishes.
I guess like quite a few other people here getting back into acquiring Indy gear I was surprised that this isn’t anymore a possibility.
Although I got the impression after seeing all the pics around here of their various hero jacket offerings and now by holding this ToD in my hands, that this isn’t really necessary at all anymore. :whip:

Image Image

A lot of the quirky details I see on the jacket in the movie are on mine as well, which is awesome. I really like the slightly scalloped pocket flaps and the overall look of the pockets themselves. Although I am not able to fit anything but my cars keys in them as they are indeed quite small :lol:
Speaking of its awesomeness, I am even more impressed with the fit and drape. When I look into the mirror I have the feeling it looks a lot like the one in the movie on me even though my body is quite a bit different to Harrison Ford’s.

Here is a group picture (in rather bright sunlight) of my little collection: (from left to right: 2001 Raiders in dark brown cowhide, 2023 ToD in washed lambskin and 2010 Crusade in dark Novapelle, in fact it is dark on this pic here it looks super light).

And two close ups to see the difference between Washed Lambskin and old Dark Brown Cowhide and Washed Lambskin and Dark Novapelle, in case anyone is interested.
Image Image

Regarding the jacket’s fit, it is definitely a much slimmer fit than a Raiders or Crusade jacket. This jacket has a 46 label in it and the chest feels similar to my size 42 Raiders jacket from 2001. In fact the pit to pit measurement is just 1 inch more on the ToD compared to my old Raiders. My LC is a 48 for that roomy Crusade look by the way. I am very happy with the fit and it really does feel good to put it on.
I also totally adore the way the collar looks, kind of relaxed, just as I hoped it to be. The sleeves are of course cut quite different to my LC, which really changes the overall feel the most for me.
The washed lambskin feels super soft and is so lightweight. After having several Indy jackets in cowhide and one in horsehide this one feels almost like a sweater. The texture of the leather is pretty interesting and gives a look which I´m not that used to. Which is a plus for me :) Another nice surprise was how fast the sleeves began to develop that wrinkled ToD look. To sum it up, this one ticked all the boxes for me.

This new jacket was of course the perfect reason to gear up again :D

Image Image

Overall I can say I am really happy with my new jacket! :)
Indiana Jon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: My new Wested Temple of Doom jacket

Post by Indiana Jon »

Looks good! It does fall on you very much like it does on Ford.

Congrats. Wear it in good health.
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Man, that looks awesome!

I know that some people do not like the sort of "dino hide" texture, but I love it! Gives it real character...enjoy!
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Very cool! I too love the hide! Gives a very realistic 'old-time' vibe to the jacket! Good call :tup: ! W>
Thunderspy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Thunderspy »

I think that looks great; the sleeves have really got that Temple thing and make me want one :)
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Outstanding looking jacket. I love the look of the washed lamb in both the close-ups and the overall shots. Great choice!

Cheers,
Bear
Tremolo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tremolo »

Thanks a lot guys! :TOH:
Right now this really became my go to jacket, especially since the weather right now is perfect for a light leather jacket. The look of the washed lambskin amazes me every time I put the jacket on. Now I´m just trying to decide if I give it some distressing like my LC or just continue wearing it till it shows some signs of wear, although I´m sure it would never look like the ToD jacket that way. :-k
OldGringo
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by OldGringo »

Looks Fantastic......sometimes Peter and his guys could really nail it at Wested......Cheers to you!
Prodigal Son
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Prodigal Son »

Tremolo, I remember you! You posted your measurements for that LC of yours and I copied the specs. I made the same order and you know what, they did not get the collar to look like yours. That's funny. Now, the rest of the jacket looked great. Thanks for the help!

And your new ToD looks great. Enjoy the washed lamb.
Tremolo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tremolo »

Thanks Prodigal Son, that’s flattering to read :TOH:
Sad to hear that they didn’t follow your requests for the collar but if I remember it correctly they didn’t follow all of my wishes either. But then I think I sent them over a page of requests :lol:
Prodigal Son
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Prodigal Son »

Tremolo wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:00 am Thanks a lot guys! :TOH:
Right now this really became my go to jacket, especially since the weather right now is perfect for a light leather jacket. The look of the washed lambskin amazes me every time I put the jacket on. Now I´m just trying to decide if I give it some distressing like my LC or just continue wearing it till it shows some signs of wear, although I´m sure it would never look like the ToD jacket that way. :-k
It will certainly take on a TOD look by itself. Just take a heavy back pack and keep on sliding it off and on like I did. I carry a lot of books for my work. It will immediately start rubbing that finish off on the yoke and sleeve at the shoulder. Your seat belt will also start rubbing the finish off. As you bump into things, the finish will come off leaving a reddish brown undertone.
AttyOzzy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by AttyOzzy »

Very nice TOD lighting with the picture in which you have your gear on and are touching a leaf. The jacket's color looks screen accurate enough that I half expected to see a yellow raft or a drenched blonde lady behind you.