Indiana Jones TM Cooper/Disney

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Indiana Jones TM Cooper/Disney

Post by rbxb »

Scored yet another Indiana Jones tm Cooper / Disney jacket.

This is my third one. Sold my first years ago after becoming somewhat of a "Indy Jacket" snob only buying custom Wested's.
Just recently sold my second but not until after I came on a good way to make it more snug and screen accurate (LC)
Like many of you here I have gone thru numerous Wested, Coopers, AND many different leathers. I've had the early 80's Chris King style patterns, the Hero Raiders everything in between. In leather types I've had the Lamb, Lambtouch, Shrunken Lamb, Goat and Cowhide.

I plan to do my water treatment to shrink, wrinkle and condition this one to use in real adventures as described on other posts.
If it turns out good I may have the sleeves tapered. These under rated, original Disney Coopers are well constructed. They wear like iron or chain mail. In my opinion after close scrutiny and side by side comparisons with various Wested's they are surprisingly cut more accurate than many realize.
The cons are the cowhide IS heavy and doesn't drape as well as the Lamb. Being Off the Rack they admittedly have a fuller, wider "fits all" cut that I've found shrinking will address.

While I still have my sights on another Lamb Raiders Legacy, ToD Legacy or S & J in lightweight cow. This would suffice
I'll post a few before and after shrinking.
Attachments
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Indiana Jones TM Cooper/Disney

Post by rbxb »

I showered in it. Tumble dry on low heat for 40 minutes. Scrunched up the sleeves, and laid on the hood of my truck in the 102 degree Texas heat to dry. Not shrunk enough so submerged the sleeves in warm water. then tumble dried on medium heat 35 mins. Back on the truck hood in the sun 3 hours. Then I deep conditioned it with Lexol and sprayed the zipper with dry lube. The sleeves shrunk a bit but they still need a slight taper as they are too wide. 8"- elbow and 5.75" - cuff.. needs to be under 7" elbow and 5 cuff".
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Seems a shame to ruin the jacket like that. There's only so much you can achieve with shrinking.
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

xmasters wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:34 am Seems a shame to ruin the jacket like that. There's only so much you can achieve with shrinking.
Doesnt ruin when properly, thoroughly dried and follow up with re-oiling the leather with Lexol.
Shrinking only goes so far ...correct
took it in about an inch overall. Lexol relaxes and softens the leather to a buttery cowhide.
I will also be on watch over time for any possible whiteish / mold areas. which can also be addressed with applications of vinegar, cleaner and re-oiling.
Not my first rodeo.
Thanks for your input and Cheers :TOH: