Singing the praises of Steele and Jones

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

rogera
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Singing the praises of Steele and Jones

Post by rogera »

Happy Sunday Indy fans. I've done a lot of looking at this website but not much posting, so I wanted to contribute a little to the community. I have always wanted a great Indy jacket and I looked and looked and read reviews and did a lot of watching for what all of the makers manufactured and decided that I would go with Steele and Jones for my first real Indy jacket. I always admired the jacket in Raiders so I went with a medium cowhide jacket with mild distressing just to mainly highlight the pockets, collar, storm flap and knock a little of the newness off of the leather. It is a main hero Cazadora '36. From start to finish the process was just a dream. I was able to communicate through email with very little delay, Diego asked questions and actually cared about what I wanted and made the whole process easy. I did go for the mockup jacket just to make sure the fit was right which was just an awesome service to offer especially since I live in Texas and that is a long way from Argentina. The last thing I wanted was sizing issues. We got the sizing right and in a couple of months the Jacket was at my door. When I pulled it out of the box, I thought that the leather was lambskin it was so soft. (mind you I do not have tons of experience when it comes to leather). Some time went on and I noticed that on one of my straps the stitching that holds the strap to the jacket body was beginning to come loose and I contacted Diego. He had me send the jacket back to him and he went through, re-sewed and reinforced the straps and all I paid was half of the return shipping to me and it was fast too. Let me tell you, if you are out there looking for a jacket, you cannot go wrong with Steele and Jones. Their love for the films, their dedication to getting the jackets right and the excellent customer service will not leave you disappointed.
Mark Raats
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Singing the praises of Steele and Jones

Post by Mark Raats »

Great to hear you had such a good experience with the S&J team.
Their jackets are IMO the best out there and their willingness to ensure customer satisfaction in my experience is top drawer.

Congrats on your acquisition
M
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

rogera wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:02 pm Happy Sunday Indy fans. I've done a lot of looking at this website but not much posting, so I wanted to contribute a little to the community. I have always wanted a great Indy jacket and I looked and looked and read reviews and did a lot of watching for what all of the makers manufactured and decided that I would go with Steele and Jones for my first real Indy jacket. I always admired the jacket in Raiders so I went with a medium cowhide jacket with mild distressing just to mainly highlight the pockets, collar, storm flap and knock a little of the newness off of the leather. It is a main hero Cazadora '36. From start to finish the process was just a dream. I was able to communicate through email with very little delay, Diego asked questions and actually cared about what I wanted and made the whole process easy. I did go for the mockup jacket just to make sure the fit was right which was just an awesome service to offer especially since I live in Texas and that is a long way from Argentina. The last thing I wanted was sizing issues. We got the sizing right and in a couple of months the Jacket was at my door. When I pulled it out of the box, I thought that the leather was lambskin it was so soft. (mind you I do not have tons of experience when it comes to leather). Some time went on and I noticed that on one of my straps the stitching that holds the strap to the jacket body was beginning to come loose and I contacted Diego. He had me send the jacket back to him and he went through, re-sewed and reinforced the straps and all I paid was half of the return shipping to me and it was fast too. Let me tell you, if you are out there looking for a jacket, you cannot go wrong with Steele and Jones. Their love for the films, their dedication to getting the jackets right and the excellent customer service will not leave you disappointed.
Thank you so much for this beautiful and detailed review.
Enjoy that amazing jacket!!!
Kind regards,
S&J team.-
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

:-k
There’s something about the S&J company that shows what other vendors should be.
I have DoD on order and it’ll be my third jacket from them, they set the bar real high.

Congratulations on the new jacket, you’ll find it’ll be your go to jacket.

Croft :mrgreen:
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Agreed. I have owned more Indy jackets from so many vendors that I just can’t keep track of how many. I think it was about 2 years ago I purchased a Steele & Jones Last Crusade jacket. Diego just nailed it! Finally- a jacket that nailed the look that I wanted a fit me like a dream. The only issue that I had was the lining ripped somehow almost immediately after I got it. Not a big deal, especially since I don’t know how it happened and it totally could have been something that I did that would have made any lining rip.
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

jnicktem wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:16 pm Agreed. I have owned more Indy jackets from so many vendors that I just can’t keep track of how many. I think it was about 2 years ago I purchased a Steele & Jones Last Crusade jacket. Diego just nailed it! Finally- a jacket that nailed the look that I wanted a fit me like a dream. The only issue that I had was the lining ripped somehow almost immediately after I got it. Not a big deal, especially since I don’t know how it happened and it totally could have been something that I did that would have made any lining rip.
Hi,
Please, send us an email about the lining ripped.
pedidos@steele-jones.com.ar

Thanks.-
rogera
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by rogera »

:H: See? They're on it!!
AnObtainerNamedIndy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by AnObtainerNamedIndy »

Not trying to hijack—just wanted to say I’ve got a Cazadora ‘36 on order and can’t wait! Reading testimonials like this doesn’t offer any relief to my anticipation lol
Indiana Jon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Jon »

I bought a Wested Legacy Raiders in January (my first Indy jacket), and although I'm happy with it I'm already planning on getting a S&J as soon as I can.

rogera, any chance we can get some pics? Sounds like yours is exactly what I plan to order from them.
Trenin
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Trenin »

In their commitment to screen accuracy, I've had trouble with the linings in my jackets as well to the point that I can't use the internal pocket. Even given that, I recommend them above every jacket manufacturer I've owned. I've owned Gibson & Barnes, Wested and US Wings and Steele and Jones is by far the best.
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

Trenin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:29 am In their commitment to screen accuracy, I've had trouble with the linings in my jackets as well to the point that I can't use the internal pocket. Even given that, I recommend them above every jacket manufacturer I've owned. I've owned Gibson & Barnes, Wested and US Wings and Steele and Jones is by far the best.
Hi,
Please, send us an email about the lining ripped.
pedidos@steele-jones.com.ar

Thanks.-