Adventurebilt contact info

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Rondiana Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Adventurebilt contact info

Post by Rondiana Jones »

Hi. New guy here.

I tried contacting Mr. Delk at the email address listed on IndyGear (sdelk@cableone.net) but the email bounced.

Looking at the AB web site, am I to assume that they're no longer taking custom orders and are now directing all new business to Penman Hats..?

FWIW, I'm interested in a Raiders style hat. Reading posts here and doing some research, it sounds like I can't go wrong with a Penman hat if I want a Raiders look, right?

Thanks.

Ron

p.s. I bought an "Indy" hat in 1981 or 1982 from a Macy's, I think. It had the official movie logo on the liner and a pin. I wore the heck out of that thing in the 80s and 90s, and it now sits in a box in my attic - probably deeply in need of a cleaning...
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Adventurebilt contact info

Post by fifthchamber »

Mr. Penman took over the running of the Adventurebilt line with full approval and endorsement from Steve a few years ago, and yes, is in charge of the Adventurebilt hats being made currently, although they're still using the same blocks and methods that Steve used, so the exact same hat, just with less tobacco and better email response times ;)

Send John a message, and I'm sure he'll be able to help you get what you're after!
3thoubucks
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by 3thoubucks »

Steve offered me a hat making job once. Told me he was making the movie hats when that was secret. He was the first person I had a conversation with on the web, at Indyfan in the 90's. I thought I came across him on a hat forum recently. Living in a shack in high desert in the West, in the sweet middle of nowhere.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

3thoubucks wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:23 pmI thought I came across him on a hat forum recently. Living in a shack in high desert in the West, in the sweet middle of nowhere.
3thou, would you happen to know the name of the forum?
3thoubucks
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by 3thoubucks »

Message sent.