Indy hat

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Sasch1987
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Indy hat

Post by Sasch1987 »

Looking at getting a hat from either HJ or advintage. Unfortunately HJ aren't taking orders atm 😩. Can anyone tell me the differences between the cairo and the raiders? Also is there a height difference between the raider and the last crusade as the raiders looks quite tall on certain people? Thanks
davidd
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Indy hat

Post by davidd »

Hi Sasch1987, and welcome to the forum!

Not owning either an HJ or an Advintage myself, I cannot directly address your question.

However, I would suggest that you be a bit more specific in your topic title. "Indy Hat" is, well, it's pretty much what this entire forum is about. I would encourage you to edit your topic title to make it more specific in order to generate more responses; perhaps something like: Hat Question - Advintage Raiders vs Cairo

Because of the volume of posts on this board, members who might have the information you seek are likely to gloss over a very general topic title like "Indy Hat"

Good luck with your hat search! :TOH:
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IJJTM »

I feel like Advintage makes a more accurate hat from Raiders compared to HJ. The difference between Raiders and Cairo is just the look. Raiders if more general for the movie, while Cairo is based on the scenes set in Cairo. Thomas is very good about adjusting the proportions if you need them adjusted to fit your face better.
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

The difference is just that while the Raiders hat is a pristine copy of Indy's hat in that film, the Cairo replicates what the hat looked like after it was distorted and tapered from the heat during the Cairo scenes. Might be a good choice if you're going more for a costumey look, or if you're a collector, but if it's a daily wear hat you're after, I'd personally go for the Raiders. Wear it hard enough, and it'll look similar to the Cairo hat anyway...