Lee Keppler, wheres my order?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Lee Keppler, wheres my order?

Post by Magnum »

I would like to know when I'll get my Raiders style fedora that I ordered in mid January. I've talked to you on the phone a number of times and still nothing. Are you going to be able to ship it soon?
Ghos7a55assin
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ghos7a55assin »

I called him the other day, requesting if he had a 6 3/4 in stock. He said that it would take up to 9 weeks to fill that order, and the ones he has in stock are mostly 7 1/4. Mid-January is a pretty long time..wow.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Magnum, there's a queue for the fedoras I think...

I ordered in September/October 2003.
Still waiting... :roll: Even after giving him a phone call (I can't afford the international phone calls at the moment now).

You've got to have a sense of humor about it all.
Glurrk
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Glurrk »

I've never ordered anything from Lee Keppler, but I am in a similar situation with a completely unrelated (non-IndyGear) vendor. Normally I would rant about this, but instead I feel compelled to support these vendors who have other jobs besides the service they provide to us.
Who knows what problems they run into? Things SHOULD go smoothly, but when enough people get involved, Murphy's Law comes into effect. These independent vendors are thought of as small fry by their own suppliers, so they are also kept waiting around for their materials. Again, if any of these people have another job, the wheels may turn more slowly for their gear-related business.
Whether any of this is true, I don't know. It's all just a theory, but I'm trying to see if I can shed any light on these situations. To wait months & months for an item seems unreasonable, but Lee has a good reputation to uphold, and I'm sure he will come through. :)

I hope everything turns out fine, for all of us waiting by the mailbox... :)
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

I called him the other day, requesting if he had a 6 3/4 in stock. He said that it would take up to 9 weeks to fill that order, and the ones he has in stock are mostly 7 1/4. Mid-January is a pretty long time..wow.
Are you SERIOUS!?!? I ordered my hat from him over 3 months ago I think (probably not as long as some of you guys have been waiting) but I spoke with him on the phone about 2 weeks ago. He said he would check stock on my size 7, and possibly order one. Ill have to call him up also, if this is the case I give up. I like Lee alot, and am dying to have one of his hats, but that is just too long. Ill probably request my dinero back. I am very disappointed (in his stupid hat supplier).

LEE!! Whats wrong my friend!?

Regards
I J
Last edited by IndianaJames on Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

I believe this has been up a number of times before, and it doesn't take much to check the archives on this, but part of the wait is due to what hat bodies Lee recieves and when the supplier sends the lids to HIM. Once in Lee's capable hands, I can't imagine it would take that long to finish the hat, but if the supplier doesn't get around to shipping Lee the hat bodies for months on end, then he can't turn it around to the customer in much less time then that. Also, I would imagine that if the body was inferior, Lee wouldn't want to turn an inferior hat.

I agree that it seems crazy to wait as long as some of you have (and a few people have waited MUCH longer than the majority of those waiting now) but I don't think it's all Lee's fault. The bottom line: if you want a Keppler fedora, be prepared for an unpredicatble wait time. If you have no probleming wait it out, then go for it. Otherwise, it has been suggested before to look at different lids.
Rabittooth
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rabittooth »

Experience with this sort of thing has taught me that it's not so much the waiting for a prop or piece of gear that is bothersome, it's a lack of comunication. Unfortunately, Lee spends alot of time traveling for his business, and can't stay in communication with some of his waiting clients to the degree that would counteract their concerns.
Rest assured, that to my knowledge...Lee has NEVER not delivered, and when he does the product is always top notch.
Patience is the key, and if you need updates, do your best to contact him.

It'll be worth the wait.

-R
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Unfortunately, Lee spends alot of time traveling for his business, and can't stay in communication with some of his waiting clients to the degree that would counteract their concerns.
Is there anyone besides myself who feels that this is just completely unacceptable?
What about you mods? Why haven't we heard anything about all of this from any of you, past or present? If I'm wrong on this one, please, by all means, correct me. But I'd love to know if you what each of you thinks of this? Personal relationships are one thing and business is another. I do not mix the two. It seems alot of folks here do.
What do all of you (mods) think of abnormally excessive wait times from vendors who are basically supported by Indygear?
Last edited by agent5 on Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

vendors who are basically sponsored by Indygear
I think this statement may need revision. I think IndyGear goes out of its way not to endorse or sponsor any vendor or item.

However, I agree with you that the wait times on some of these orders is entirely unacceptable. If you cannot get your product to me in a month or so, then don't bill me for it. Not until you're ready. -That's my opinion.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

What do the moderators think? Not sure what you're looking for, agent5. I do not mix personal relationships with business either, and will not try to read anything into that statement that may or may not be there.....that could be read two different ways, and we've all seen how dangerous that can be.

Speaking for myself and my past practice, all I do is report on what vendors offer, and report on my personal experience WITH that particular vendor on their items that I have either seen, handled and/or own myself. If a member has a question regarding a specific piece of gear, I craft a reply regarding THAT particular piece of gear, and unless asked for suggestions, do not propose an alternate item as a substitite. From what I've read now and in the past, the other moderators do the same. Indygear.com sponsors nobody.

It's up to the forum membership at large to determine what is and is not acceptable when dealing with a vendor, not the COW moderators. Never has, or will. That's why you have not read anything from the moderators regarding these type matters, both past and present. What may be totally unacceptable for one, is completely acceptable for another. It's not for us to say, one way or the other.

Regards. Michaelson
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Sometimes one of the mods says things so eloquently that the rest of us don't really need to chime in.

Believe it or not, things are discussed 'behind closed doors' and Michaelson has summed up our position rather well here.

Mike
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

There was a kid a few years back who did a run of Indy shirts and then disappeared for a long while with peoples money and a promise of a product and poor communication all along the way.

What eventually became of his status on this board because of this situation?
:?:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

He made amends with all the customers, and from his own labor. He's currently attending college, majoring in film, and I am happy to say he learned a valuable lesson from that fiasco. Everyone got their money back, and all has been forgiven. That was over 2 years ago. He still stops in now and again, but due to his full schedule, he rarely gets the chance now. Regards. Michaelson
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

I'd also like to add that the people who did get their shirts from him were very happy with the overall product. He went through great lengths to make the most screen accurate shirt available. There are a few members on this board that have them.

Dalexs
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

Hemingway Jones wrote:
vendors who are basically sponsored by Indygear
However, I agree with you that the wait times on some of these orders is entirely unacceptable. If you cannot get your product to me in a month or so, then don't bill me for it. Not until you're ready. -That's my opinion.
To that end, I have an order pending with Lee (from 11/03) as well and 1. I understand the nature of his day job and supply chain, 2. Talked with him about it at the git go and chose to order anyway, 3. He has not charged me a dime as of yet, and won't until my order is in, since I am still waiting for my stuff.

I guess that based upon hearing of great quality and long lead times, I was willing to wait by choice. There is enough information about Lee's process and quality for anyone to make an informed decision.

-JJ
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Jersey wrote:
To that end, I have an order pending with Lee (from 11/03) as well and 1. I understand the nature of his day job and supply chain, 2. Talked with him about it at the git go and chose to order anyway, 3. He has not charged me a dime as of yet, and won't until my order is in, since I am still waiting for my stuff.

I guess that based upon hearing of great quality and long lead times, I was willing to wait by choice. There is enough information about Lee's process and quality for anyone to make an informed decision.

-JJ
Jersey, It's interesting to read that. So, if people haven't been charged and have been informed of the wait time, what are they complaining about?
It's all about managing expectation: if it says on a website that you'll receive your stuff in a month and it takes a year, that's unacceptable, especially if you were charged for it at the time of the order. If you have a consultation with a vendor and they say it may take months and it does and you're not charged with anything until they can ship it, there should be no issue. Afterall, many of our vendors are as passionate about this stuff as we are. Being untraditional retailers, if you will, you have to expect a certain eccentricity to them and to the process of doing business with them.

Maybe the bottom line is that people are impatient. I know I am.

Though, Jersey, you left out the most important part of my quote above and it reads as if I am endorsing something I most certainly am not. Attornies; you got to watch these guys! :wink: :lol:
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

If Lee had a larger staff to help him with these orders and could get things out in time, he would be able to generate more buisness. There’s a lot of folks here who aren’t in a hurry to place an order because of the lag-times. That’s just a fact.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Considering that Lee is chief cook and bottle washer, CEO and mail clerk, (what staff? :? ) I'm surprised he does as well as he does! :shock:
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

3. He has not charged me a dime as of yet, and won't until my order is in, since I am still waiting for my stuff.
Maybe for a hat order that's what he does since he orders them as customers place orders to him. But for me, I ordered a bag strap and whip holder in December, was charged in December and I'm still waiting.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

No slam against Lee, he's done a lot for us. But all these problems would go a way with another set of hands. Didn't mean to offend.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Jersey wrote:
Quote:

-JJ
Jersey, It's interesting to read that. So, if people haven't been charged and have been informed of the wait time, what are they complaining about?
First of all I'd like to say that I was completely under the impression that eveyone had already paid for these items, but if that was not the case then I'll be the first one to say I was in error. A PAID wait time as such is unacceptable to me, but if no transaction was made then I don't see the problem either.

However, my whole point was that Dan got banned for his lack of good business practices and lack of communication. That certainly was not a case where the mods looked the other way, was it?
All I'm saying it if Dan was banned (even though he's back) then why wouldn't any other vendor, nomatter WHO they are, be banned for doing the exact same thing. I happen to like all of the Indygear vendors personally. I like Lee and have spoken to him several times both for business and not and just like everyone says, he's a gentleman and a nice guy along with all the rest of em' so I hope you can understand it's not a personal dig at him. He's definitely not an idiot and he knows what's going on.
On the other forums I browse, if any vendor, nomater who, has money in hand from customers and is not delivering, that person is banned and the site wants no affiliation with that vendor. I think this is only for the good of the community. Get the bad business out. Don't need the hastle.

A promise of a product with no transaction is a different story. Then all you get is a bad rep.
Dakota Ellison
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dakota Ellison »

I'd also like to add that the people who did get their shirts from him were very happy with the overall product. He went through great lengths to make the most screen accurate shirt available. There are a few members on this board that have them.
I have one. A dead ringer for Indy's shirt, IMHO. It took a great deal of patience, wondering and waiting, but it paid off, ultimately. A great feat for a teenager to pull off, I'd say.
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

Hey Agent5,

What do you have on order from Lee that he owes you?
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

I'd already paid, and I have emails from the man himself saying it would come within six weeks. It's now over six months- I've even called him (about two weeks ago) and he said he had 'just' got a box in with my size in it. After the call, he sent me an email to ask what my order was again- I've not heard anything since.
It's pretty crazy, and my order is a large one too- not just a fedora, but a gun belt and holster as well.
I've adapted to the waiting now- I'm cool with it, but I really don't know what's going on. :(
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

Renderking Fisk wrote:If Lee had a larger staff to help him with these orders and could get things out in time, he would be able to generate more buisness. There’s a lot of folks here who aren’t in a hurry to place an order because of the lag-times. That’s just a fact.
I don't really think that having someone on his "staff" would do squat for Lee. From what I gather from talking to him, he doesn't have many of our products in stock. He may have some leather straps and can attach the hardware for a bag strap, but I don't think it goes much beyond that. Lee is NOT a manufacturer. He doesn't make anything that I am aware of. Lee has commercial sources from which he can obtain products. You order something from Lee. He orders it from his source. When he gets it from his source, shortly thereafter, you get it from Lee.

Lee's hats are very nice. But, he gets them from the people that make the hat bodies. He orders the hat body when you call him and order a hat. Once he receives the hat body, he bashes the hat and sends it out. It is like buying a car. If you order one from the factory, you have to wait until they make it and ship it to the dealer. The dealer can't get you the car until they receive it from the factory. Ordering a hat from a company that has hats in stock, such as Akubra, is like buying a car off the dealers lot. You can buy it and have that car tonight. You can get an Akubra with a very short wait time. But, you will have to bash it yourself.

I think that some people have reported wait times that have been excessive with Lee. However, if Lee is having trouble getting the item from a source, his hands are tied. He can't sell you something that he doesn't have. I think Lee is as up front as he can be about the wait times. He delivered what I ordered right on schedule.

My best advice is if you order from Lee, stay in touch with him and check on the progress. If you don't mind waiting the end product is very good. If you are impatient or you just need something right away, I would consider ordering elsewhere.
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Neolithic wrote: I've even called him (about two weeks ago) and he said he had 'just' got a box in with my size in it. After the call, he sent me an email to ask what my order was again- I've not heard anything since.
I said in a post earlier, that I think you need to stay in contact with Lee. My impression is that Lee is a really nice guy. I do not think that he is a very computer savvy fella. He may be a victim of a drive-by shooting on the information highway. Therefore, I think phone calls work the best. I also think that he could use one of these courses on how to get organized. I do think he forgets things sometimes. That is what I was trying to imply when I said to keep in contact to check on the progress of your order. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Lee Keppler
Vendor

Post by Lee Keppler »

Hey guys! As some of you may or may not know, I've been a type one diabetic for 47 years and for the past couple of weeks I've been under the weather. I'm back(619-647-6744) and will start shipping tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Dalexs wrote:I'd also like to add that the people who did get their shirts from him were very happy with the overall product. He went through great lengths to make the most screen accurate shirt available. There are a few members on this board that have them.

Dalexs
Yes, quite satisfied on my end! The wait was worth it. The whole situation with Dan was in the past, not to mention many of the moderators we have now were not moderators nearly 3 years ago when all that happened. Dan stayed true to his word and delivered.

On another note, if you're not ordering a hat from Lee but are wanting his Indy leather products, you can order from Western Stage Props...as I recall reading a few times that Lee supplied their Indy products to them.
http://www.westernstageprops.com/miva/m ... t_Code=IJB

I believe it's US Wings that carried his whip holders as well.
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Thanks for the update, Lee....!

James
Ghos7a55assin
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ghos7a55assin »

Has anyone ever ordered from that Todd's costumes place? They have a couple of Indy products, and they are selling the old WPG bags.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Hey Agent5,

I'm speaking from personal experience and from years worth of posts like these both on and off this board. Isn't is quite obvious that there are several other people with the same concern?

I'd also like to say for the record that Dan's shirts looked to be top notch. I wish in his new found glory he'd do another run.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

agent5 wrote: I'd also like to say for the record that Dan's shirts looked to be top notch. I wish in his new found glory he'd do another run.
Oh me too! But after recent conversations with him about how busy he's about to get with film school, I can easily say that he's not gonna have the time (at least for the next year or two). I know I'd probably buy another shirt from him.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Well... slap me with a wet fish!
WELCOME BACK, LEE! :D
Thanks for the PM... and I hope you stay in good health! :tup:
Don't be a stranger now! :-)
Stay online man!
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

agent5 wrote:
Hey Agent5,

I'm speaking from personal experience and from years worth of posts like these both on and off this board. Isn't is quite obvious that there are several other people with the same concern?

I'd also like to say for the record that Dan's shirts looked to be top notch. I wish in his new found glory he'd do another run.
So......I take it you don't have an order owed to you.

That's what I figured.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Having known Lee for 14 years now, I haven't chimed in as of now to avoid looking like I was showing favoritism towards a certain vendor. Lee has been going through some health problems. From time to time he has been out of contact, usually only for short durations and this is normally the cause. One year I hadn't heard from him for a while and found out that he had been struck by a car and laid up for months after an extended hospital stay. But he still remembered my order and was pretty much more concerned about how things had been going on with me during the lack of communication.

In recent years, Lee has developed some profound issues with type I diabetes. I'm sure that he will respond shortly and be ready and willing to do the right thing and I have full confidence that he will.

What worries me more is the tone of some posters on these boards lately. There have been veiled remarks that could be taken wrong, and some feel are meant to be a spark that starts a flame. I'm not necessarily talking specifically to this thread, but it is included in our observations. And by "our" I mean the moderators who've been discussing with growing concern the habits of said posters.

This practice needs to stop, especially if there is no direct involvement from the parties making the accusations. If this practice continues, measures may have to be taken.

Mike
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

NOTE:

I've just noticed that Lee's already answered this thread. I didn't meant to step on toes with my posting of his condition or make it seem that I was backing up his claims, but I cleared my doing so with him before I posted. He just beat me to the keyboard. :wink:

Mike
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

That's what I figured.
You don't have to take anything as it's none of your business whether I do or don't. If you're not going to contribute to this post and what it's regarding then why post at all? If you wanna know who's owed by who, then start a new thread if you are so concerned.

I know you can read so read this again.
I'm speaking from personal experience
Last edited by agent5 on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Go ahead now. Shut her down.
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

A good thing to remember fellas is that you guys are not the "bright center of the universe", nor are you paying the mortgages for any of the Indygear vendors. If Indygear dropped off the face of the planet, the vendors would continue to do business, trust me. This is not to say that they are not appreciative of the business that is supplied through Indygear, but you have to keep things in perspective. A guy like Keppler is not only at the mercy of his suppliers (as has been stated above), but he's also gone through a lot of trouble to have this stuff produced for such a small specialty market. It's no fun to wait for product, but Lee's never welched on any business deal (To have someone say that he should be banned is an insult). It's also already pretty common knowledge that Lee sometimes takes a while to completely fill an order. Do we really need another one of these threads? Cheers
Rabittooth
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rabittooth »

Not to beat a dead horse, but regardless of how good Dan's shirts may or may not have been, the gentleman told the most horrendous, transparent and implausable lies to me personally and repeatedly for a significant amount of time. It was only after a very severe outing here on the boards and contact with his parents that got me my money back as my patience (Not with the wait, but with the gentleman's deception and mistreatment) was wearing quite thin.
Granted...the Gentleman in question was extraordinarily young at the time, and taking on a huge venture that I could never have even conceived of at that age. It was simply a lack of interpersonal skills most probably a result of his youth, and I'm sure that experience, and Dan's fine intellect as he has become a man has remedied those problems.
But, to compare that situation to ANY situation in which Lee Keppler is involved is not even apples and oranges...apples and ...the Space Shuttle or something.

I've recently had an EL replica lightsaber made. It took me months to personally collect all the odd little parts from here in the States and overseas. Then...I shipped all those parts to a saber maker in Texas...the best. That was in December. I just received the prop last week. It's perfect...I'm a happy camper...the wait was effortless because I NEVER for a second believed I was being forgotten or taken advantage of.

When a man of honor and reputation is forthcoming, reliable, good at what he does, and a master of what he creates or designs...although the waiting may be hard...it will likely be worth it. And the point is made...folks here know that delivery of these items will likely take a long time. Direct contact with Lee is the best way to resolve it. If he is unreachable for some reason, you can rest assured that it's a valid reason and not sprouting from any desire or intention to rip off anyone or even deceive them in any way. It's the nature of doing business for these very fine gear items.
I'm not a person who yeilds to a person's "standing" on a forum. Number of posts or number of years in the hobby can say little for that person's character. Lee Keppler...who of course HAS that "Standing" and reputation here backs that up with his love of the hobby, his natural integrity, his knowledge and craftmanship, as well as his comradary and honor.

-Rabittooth
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Lee,

I didn't know you were ill. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Hey Rabbittooth, how about a pic of that saber,

Now back to subject, as one who indvertlantly started one of these threads about 1-2 months back, I can sympathies w/all who have been waiting for one of Lee's lids. I my self waited 3 months and I admit I was being a an arse about it, I am by nature impatiant. Lee was having computer related problemos and wasn't getting any emails from those waiting, my self included. And yes my BC was charged at time of purchase, which when you think of it Lee does have to pay his supplier. So I belive it not to be Lee's fault entirley but probably Beaver brand hat Co. as well. Comunication is the key, Lee is not a computer person so as I found the best remedy is to call him, he really is a neat guy to talk to.
It is worth it.
Croft
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

agent5 wrote:

That's what I figured.
You don't have to take anything as it's none of your business whether I do or don't. If you're not going to contribute to this post and what it's regarding then why post at all? If you wanna know who's owed by who, then start a new thread if you are so concerned.

I know you can read so read this again.
I'm speaking from personal experience
Sir Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant 3: Well she turned me into a newt. She did!
Sir Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant 3: well...I got better.
Cassidy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Cassidy »

Now I know why so many long time posters have left this place...
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

Lee Keppler wrote:Hey guys! As some of you may or may not know, I've been a type one diabetic for 47 years and for the past couple of weeks I've been under the weather. I'm back(619-647-6744) and will start shipping tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hey Lee !

Good to see you back ! Best wishes for a full recovery.

Ken
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

Cassidy wrote:Now I know why so many long time posters have left this place...
Sadly, Cassidy, I fear you may be right. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax. My bottom line has always been, if it feels wrong to you, don't do it.

In this case, if you know where the search function is on the board, then you can look up the story of Lee's operation and understand that it's a small labor of love requiring Lee to, as was said, be at the mercy of suppliers for a very niche market. He's not WalMart. He's a man with another entire road based business, who in spite of the occasional flames, keeps trying to get us nice things at good prices and tells us that there will be a delay.

Lee is not perfect, I am certainly not perfect. But if you want gear quickly, there are suppliers for that. If you would like Lee's gear, then understand the process and roll with it.

No more to add. Peace to all and mods, please lock this thread before we wind up bruising feelings.

Regards

Ken / JJ
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

In this case, if you know where the search function is on the board, then you can look up the story of Lee's operation and understand that it's a small labor of love requiring Lee to, as was said, be at the mercy of suppliers for a very niche market. He's not WalMart
That's very true. But Lee is not the first person I've ordered supplies from. The other prop people I've orderd from don't do props for a living, but are able to still deliver in a timely manner.

With that said, I knew about his hat issues, but others are reporting getting non-hat items in about a month. That's kinda what I expected.
I also did not know about his health and wish him the best.
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Cassidy wrote:Now I know why so many long time posters have left this place...
They probably got turned into a newt.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

I had ordered some stuff from Lee before that had come within a few days (that's quite amazing considering I'm in Oz) I was so impressed I went the Keppler route again (and also because his Fedora rocks!)- so I was confused about what was happening with my next order when it took so long. I think it was outlined in another thread that communication is the key and now the pieces of the puzzle have all fitted together...

Ugh. :oops: Sorry to all if what I wrote sounded narky or something. I'm quite chilled out about this. (I think Michaelson posted a great thought about implied tone in emails/posts etc)...

All this talk of newts is reminding me of the film 'Spirited Away'... stewed newts... mmmm. :D
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

No matter what the hobby or interest........patience is key. After all this hobby is just fantasy,It is just dress up for the most part. If you cany aford to wait, you cant aford the hobby.