What Happened to Crease N Corral?

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

elro2k
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

What Happened to Crease N Corral?

Post by elro2k »

Hi everyone! I haven't been in the Indy cosplay scene for a while and have recently decided to get back in. However, during my whip research I've noticed that Crease N Corral no longer has a website. Does anyone know what happened? They made some awesome whips back in the day. I wish I pulled the trigger on one before they stopped making them.
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: What Happened to Crease N Corral?

Post by tomek9210 »

Dusty just stopped making whips. You have to order elsewhere :TOH:
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IJJTM »

I think he got affected by a lot of natural disasters and decided to move his life in another direction.
elro2k
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by elro2k »

IJJTM wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:08 pm I think he got affected by a lot of natural disasters and decided to move his life in another direction.
Completely respectable and valid. Do you know if he still circulates the forums or is involved with the Indy community in any way?
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IJJTM »

elro2k wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:13 pm
IJJTM wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:08 pm I think he got affected by a lot of natural disasters and decided to move his life in another direction.
Completely respectable and valid. Do you know if he still circulates the forums or is involved with the Indy community in any way?
I think he’s just moved past Indy.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Yep, I recall his wait time went from a few months to a year and then with everything else that happened he just moved on. I haven't seen Dusty on anything for some time. He had great quality whips for a portion of the big name prices and I loved the one I used to have (regretting selling it).

I was lucky to snag one of his last cowboy straw Indy hats though. :TOH:
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

I discovered Dusty's site in 2017, but at the time I wcould in no way afford one of his whips. I put it off, until he no longer made them...

However, seeing his gorgeous whip, gave me a huge boost in 2017, that started (or maybe restarted, as I had tried earlier in life) my whip-making journey. Made some paracord whips, some cowhide ones and finally roo-hide ones, that I am now pretty happy with.

Dusty's stuff was definitely unique, the aesthetic of his whip builds was definitely something else. Works of art... :TOH:
elro2k
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by elro2k »

bearbeast wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:43 am I discovered Dusty's site in 2017, but at the time I wcould in no way afford one of his whips. I put it off, until he no longer made them...

However, seeing his gorgeous whip, gave me a huge boost in 2017, that started (or maybe restarted, as I had tried earlier in life) my whip-making journey. Made some paracord whips, some cowhide ones and finally roo-hide ones, that I am now pretty happy with.

Dusty's stuff was definitely unique, the aesthetic of his whip builds was definitely something else. Works of art... :TOH:
Very true! His streets of Cairo whip looked amazing. Apparently he had a really unique weathering method. Also, all of his whips were built around a stainless steel cable, which apparently gave them a certain "springiness". I'd love to talk to him one day about his process.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Dusty's user name here is parttime, but he hasn't visited COW since 2016.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff