Alden Indy Boots Natural Chromexcel

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Nightgoat
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Alden Indy Boots Natural Chromexcel

Post by Nightgoat »

I thought my Alden Indy Boots in Natural Chromexcel after many years of wear were as close to SA that I could get (see pic, they darkened up incredibly over time)
574BDCB7-5C08-4F6D-9436-71CCEDC0452C.jpeg
until I just discovered that these 4012HC’s are now available…https://www.shermanbrothers.com/alden-i ... gIqvPD_BwE

Has anyone purchased this model from Alden? Pics?
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Alden Indy Boots Natural Chromexcel

Post by bearbeast »

Your boots look like they've taken you on a lot of great adventures. Really nice, man! :TOH:

I like the idea of the Alden's with commando soles. They'd be much better for hiking, I am guessing.

Cheers,
Bear
Nightgoat
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Nightgoat »

The boots are definitely my favorite piece of Indy gear. My Alden boots are the most comfortable pair of footwear I’ve ever owned and they’re sturdy as #### which is why I’m 99.99998% sure I’m gonna buy a new pair of those 4012HC in rusticalf with the commando soles. They look beautiful and the color looks spot on ROTLA to me. Was wondering if anyone in the COW community has bought a pair yet.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

I haven't, I only own a Wested pair... I'd like some Alden's at one point, but would like to be able to try them on.

Most shops are pretty far away from me, though... I don't know if I will ever have the chance... ](*,)

Cheers,
Bear
MikeMac
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by MikeMac »

Nightgoat wrote:The boots are definitely my favorite piece of Indy gear. My Alden boots are the most comfortable pair of footwear I’ve ever owned and they’re sturdy as #### which is why I’m 99.99998% sure I’m gonna buy a new pair of those 4012HC in rusticalf with the commando soles. They look beautiful and the color looks spot on ROTLA to me. Was wondering if anyone in the COW community has bought a pair yet.
I do not have 4012HC but I have the 403c. The commando sole is much more practical. It’s a stiffer sole than the neo cork, if that’s what you are used to. I really like the idea of a 360 welt. You won’t be disappointed with the boot, only the price you’ll pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nightgoat
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Nightgoat »

UPDATE: I finally bit the bullet and dropped the $$$ for a new pair of Alden Indy boots, 4012HC model, in dark brown Rusticalf. I must say I have zero regrets. These boots are GD beautiful and just as comfortable as the 40557H, natural Chromexcel I bought and have been wearing since 2014. My 40557H's came to me in a very, very light tan color but after a few treatments w/Pecard leather dressing, a couple of slathers of EVOO, sunlight and (primarily) 8 years of constant wear they darkened up quite a bit and have taken on a color I see as looking ROTLA and TOD screen accurate in many scenes. These new 4012HC's are a chocolaty, neutral brown, how I imagine the original ROTLA boots started out as and I can't wait to see how they weather over time to become the Hero boots we all know and love. Anyway, I've taken some side-by-side pics to illustrate the difference. Enjoy!

P.S. the commando sole on these 4012HC's is far superior to the cork neoprene, finally some traction!

IMG_5848.JPEG
IMG_5846.JPEG
IMG_5845.JPEG
IMG_5844.JPEG
IMG_5853.JPEG
IMG_5852.JPEG