custom made jacket similar to US Wings' pattern?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

custom made jacket similar to US Wings' pattern?

Post by Kokopelli »

My US Wings jackets have been my favorite- as far as fit and pattern go, well the older ones, at least. Since Wings lengthened their bodies by 2", not so much.

Does anyone else make a Wing-ish pattern jacket that can be customized? -sleeve and back length?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: custom made jacket similar to US Wings' pattern?

Post by Michaelson »

I’d say Steele and Jones would be a possibility. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

Like Michaelson said, email Diego. If you have an old one on hand, you could probably send him all the necessary dimensions and he could replicate it, with more accurate pockets, back panel, collar, and hardware.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Didn't USW shorten their pattern a couple of years after Crystal Skull came out? I was under the impression that only the Signature Series had the extra length.
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:Didn't USW shorten their pattern a couple of years after Crystal Skull came out? I was under the impression that only the Signature Series had the extra length.
They had the Legend pattern back then, which was the more screen accurate pattern but they haven't made it in like a decade, and the Signature was a bit longer and the more everyday wear style. Today they seem to only make the "Adventurer" which is quite a bit longer than the Signature and is the pattern Disney specified for their stunt show performers. A lot of us don't love it but USW also doesn't seem keen on bringing back the old patterns any time soon.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I see. Thanks. I guess I've been out of the jacket market for so long that I missed a big change. :CR:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yeah, the current longer 'Disney' version has been around since they started making a LOT of items from Cape Buffalo hide.

Regards! Michaelson
Indy_Dave
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indy_Dave »

I'm sure you've already thought of it but I'd save a search on the evil auction site. I see US Wings jackets (even some Legacy ones) on there.