US Wings® Canvas Indy-Adventure Bag

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

US Wings® Canvas Indy-Adventure Bag

Post by Arch Stanton »

How long have these been around? Does anyone have one? :-k

https://www.uswings.com/product/us-wing ... S-WaAQ15mE
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: US Wings® Canvas Indy-Adventure Bag

Post by Michaelson »

Oh, about a month. They were announced on the IG FB page and aren’t duplicates of the original, but Wings updated versions in standard and the ‘adventure’ version (a bit longer in length) in canvas, cape Buffalo, and horsehide. No one has them yet as delivery is due at months end. Made in the US too.

Other than that, don’t know a thing about it….. :[

Regards! Michaelson
Raider Of The Lost Ark
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Raider Of The Lost Ark »

Hi, I ordered one last September. I think it arrived the end of November, beginning of December. The bag is very nice, but I’m less impressed by the strap, and the communication. I only got the new proposed dispatch dates if I asked. The strap is supposed to be 52 inches long, but the most I could get out of mine was 51. Even at 52 it would only have been ‘just’ long enough to have the bag where I wanted it. If I’d worn anything thicker than a T shirt it wouldn’t be long enough.

I asked about this, and whether I could be sent another strap, that was longer to put on, and was told I was wrong. Apparently there was nothing in the cutting of the strap, or stitching it together, that could possibly have made my strap shorter than intended. They did help me get it from the original 50 inch length, by forcing more of the strap through. However the double thickness / rivet prevented it from going as far as it needed.

I mentioned this and got what I would call an insulting reply. I thought maybe I was being over sensitive. However I thought on it and feel that, while it maybe a comment you make between friends, it wasn’t the sort of thing you’d say to a customer asking about something. They offered to take the bag back, fair enough, however it would have cost a small fortune for me to do so. I did reply explaining, politely, that I didn’t appreciate the words / tone used. I also gave some feedback re improvements I thought could be made. However I didn’t get a reply. The improvements I suggested were some more of the smaller internal pockets, and for them to go down further towards the bottom of the bag to allow longer items etc.

As it was really just the strap I’ve kept it and put on the excellent Wade Egan strap I have. It was on my ‘original’ gas mask bag, that I display, and put the Wigs strap on the display bag. I’ve put some Chicago screws on it so it is a lot longer.

So the bag is nice however, due to what’s been said, I’m unlikely to purchase from them again.

I also ordered one of Indy Magnoli ‘modern’ version bags. I ordered it at the same time, however it’s still not shipped. Global supply issues seem to be the cause, and the latest dispatch date is hoped to be the middle of this month, fingers crossed. It will be nice to compare them, as the layouts are different.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Hey Raider....FWIW; I think you will like Mag's Bag! I have two of them from him -- with his straps! I have been very pleased with said from day they arrived! W>
Raider Of The Lost Ark
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Raider Of The Lost Ark »

WConly wrote:Hey Raider....FWIW; I think you will like Mag's Bag! I have two of them from him -- with his straps! I have been very pleased with said from day they arrived! W>
Thanks, that’s good to know. I’ve ordered a couple of straps too, and I’m very excited about getting it all. Did you choose the modern or original layout?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

You may want to continue that Magnoli discussion through PM or separate post so we can keep this thread on topic. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

I will say, USW certainly has gone all-in on the Indy gear game.

I'm tempted, just like with Wested, to get a leather bag but in my experience with wallets, sometimes leather likes to transfer its oils etc to paper.

I had a driver's license ruined by a handmade kangaroo wallet a few years ago. The leather is all good now that it's bled off its excess product, but fresh it was liable to stain paper and to degrade the plastic coating on certain govt-issued ID.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Finally got to inspect the leather bags and I’m quite impressed with them myself. The Cape buffalo hide is well tanned and the construction very nicely done. The straps seem longer than the canvas version and very comfortable on the shoulder.

The button on the side in place of the metal disc is odd, but otherwise I like them myself.

Regards! M