Can I stretch this?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

baddates1
Vendor

Can I stretch this?

Post by baddates1 »

So I'm selling the G&B Explorader (currently getting a new zipper on it before I do so), and I got to looking at my LC Wested in Goat. I love the jacket, but the sleeves are ever so slightly too short (it's an XL standard, so couldn't be helped). I reached out to Wested, and they're hesitant about lengthening them from the extra leather under the cuff. I sent them pics to see.

Anyways, could the sleeves be stretched out? If so, how?

I saw this video, but wanted to hear your input first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtyhh_yils" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Can I stretch this?

Post by Kokopelli »

baddates1 wrote:So I'm selling the G&B Explorader (currently getting a new zipper on it before I do so), and I got to looking at my LC Wested in Goat. I love the jacket, but the sleeves are ever so slightly too short (it's an XL standard, so couldn't be helped). I reached out to Wested, and they're hesitant about lengthening them from the extra leather under the cuff. I sent them pics to see.

Anyways, could the sleeves be stretched out? If so, how?

I saw this video, but wanted to hear your input first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtyhh_yils" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I feel your pain!! I'm going to say NOPE!!
I've read every instructional/how-to/DIY/ account of how to do this. Unless I just haven't done it right, I've tried stretching two different jackets in the past- cow and lamb. I was able to get them stretched out when soaking wet close to an inch, but the result did not last.
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Can I stretch this?

Post by Photoss »

I was curious about sleeves once and I took my Gibson & Barnes jacket to the G&B storefront/factory and inquired about lengthening the sleeves. They said it was basically impossible unless you wanted to gain less than an inch and in turn destroy how the end of the sleeve looked. Afterwards, I tried the soaking and pulling method, but the inch I gained was lost a couple days later. Not really recommended.. :(