Shorty, where's my razor?!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

SkauneJohan
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Shorty, where's my razor?!

Post by SkauneJohan »

Indiana Charles wrote:"What razor does Indy use?"
A question I thought about a few years ago which lead me to this thread and eventually picking up a short handle Merkur. And even though this question is most often spurred by TOD it appears the answer might actually be found in LC.

I must confess that I did not start out looking for Indy's razor. I was actually searching for a suitable Indy-esque camera and in the course of that search I stumbled across this thread: Indy Camera

In there Lightning suggested there might be a camera with the back open in the table in Indy's ransacked room. The image link is no longer good but I can only assume it is this screencap. After a fruitless search of cameras that looked similar I took another look at the image, this time on a different monitor, and noticed the lid was lined with purple fabric. "What kind of camera is lined with fabric?" :-k I was puzzled by this for a minute when I noticed the shaving brush nearby and I was struck by the thought that it could be a shaving kit. A quick google search for "vintage shaving kit purple" turned up this:

I've seen them called "Gillette Aristocrat" and also "Gillette Traveller". They're a bit tough to find but they are out there. This thread on badgerandblade.com has a some more information and pictures. (I pulled the above picture from there)

Long story short: it appears that Indy uses a safety razor.

-I.C.
Awesome find \:D/ :TOH:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

When my boys reached shaving age I taught them how to use shave soap and a brush so that's all they've known.

Boy 2 asked for his own set for Christmas.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
cm289
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by cm289 »

Indiana Jeff wrote:When my boys reached shaving age I taught them how to use shave soap and a brush so that's all they've known.

Boy 2 asked for his own set for Christmas.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff

Great gift!