RAIDERS Bag Strap Revelation

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: RAIDERS Bag Strap Revelation

Post by knibs7 »

Ok I’m going to ask one more time to get back on topic. If you want to argue about Ford’s height, there’s an entire section for you.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

knibs7 wrote:
IMO, that just doesn't seem long enough to fit Harrison Ford, who at the time, was about 6’2” tall.
You posted this as a statement of fact and leaves it open to scrutiny.

As mentioned people here cannot accept any other conclusion. Its just not within the relm of fandom possibility.

Carrie Fisher is listed as all of 5'1" . If George (who in an interview called Mark Hamil short) is 5'6" then yeah, Ford would would be about 3-4 inches taller than Mark. But in this world it cant be any other thing.

https://images.app.goo.gl/xrMVNf2Zi9i2mTrM6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The shot with Daniel Craig is conclusive as they are wearing basically the same suit and shoes standing on the same platform, but people cant handle it.

I think it much more likely that Ford is about 5'9" 1/2 maybe 5'10" and this is more consistent with info as given by NH.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Texan Scott wrote:
knibs7 wrote:
IMO, that just doesn't seem long enough to fit Harrison Ford, who at the time, was about 6’2” tall.
You posted this as a statement of fact and leaves it open to scrutiny.

As mentioned people here cannot accept any other conclusion. Its just not within the relm of fandom possibility.

Carrie Fisher is listed as all of 5'1" . If George (who in an interview called Mark Hamil short) is 5'6" then yeah, Ford would would be about 3-4 inches taller than Mark. But in this world it cant be any other thing.

https://images.app.goo.gl/xrMVNf2Zi9i2mTrM6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The shot with Daniel Craig is conclusive as they are wearing basically the same suit and shoes standing on the same platform, but people cant handle it.

I think it much more likely that Ford is about 5'9" 1/2 maybe 5'10" and this is more consistent with info as given by NH.
Ok, so multiple people in this very thread, who have met Harrison have just been going through life thinking they’re 4 inches taller than they really are?? :roll: :-k ](*,)
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Ok, as the topic say's RAIDERS BAG strap Revelation.

My Knibs7 strap is a very well piece of leather work, the distressing is great.
The color is a nice Raiders brown, and the Sam Brown button (i guess that's the best way to describe it) works great.
And where he put in the seam looks great, I almost couldn't find it at first.

I give this a 10 any day of the week.
I made only one mistake (I think) and that's where I need help.
I know the stand strap length has always been 65" and this was based on Fords height, (sorry Knibs7)
I gave Kyle my height of 65" in hopes that the bag would be higher and the buckle would be placed more center (like Indy's is)

Here's some shots of the strap and the surprise whip holder which is also nice.

Now this where I need help, does this look right for my height. Be honest, if not I'll sell it and try again. I'm patient, as this hobby has taught us that. ;)

Kyle, this is a nice strap, you done good my man.

Croft :mrgreen:
Last edited by Indiana Croft on Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Indiana Croft wrote: Now this where I need help, does this look right for my height.
I prefer the buckle to be more centered to the chest, I think just below the third button of the shirt is generally considered good placement. To my eye the buckle does look too low on you.

I seem to recall that ordering the bag strap length equal to your height is supposed to result in the correct proportions for the right look.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Thanks so much, Croft! I sent you a PM regarding the strap.

:TOH:

Kyle
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Knibs7 reached out to me and I’ll be sending the strap back and we’ll work it out.
Great customer service.

Anyone interested in the Legacy version, you can’t go wrong, this is nice strap.

And Indiana Jeff, thank you for your honesty. :TOH:

Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

You're welcome. I was confirming for you what you already knew. ;) My Bride and I do that for each other with some regularity.

Kyle or Croft, I am curious, how is the buckle attached to the strap? The Chicago screw on the other end was replaced with a button, but is the strap still attached with a Chicago screw?

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Yes it is.
But you can’t really see it.
And I actually like the button, the Chicago screw alway seemed wrong for something that would have been put together in the field with what was at hand.

knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

That is correct. I’ll post a picture of the original in just a bit.