High top boots are 'in' now

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

High top boots are 'in' now

Post by Michaelson »

Anyone been amused/amazed at the number of boot companies that are advertising high top boots that look like Alden 405's in their FB news feed the past month or so? :-k

Companies like Beckett Simonon, Wolverine, Thursday Boots, to name a few? I'm just naming the ones that keep showing up in my FB news feed. I'm positive there are more out there.

Almost dead ringers for 405's too!

High top boots were a norm through the 30's into the 40's, so it's not an 'Alden' exclusive by any stretch of the imagination. Alden sort of held the line to continue to offer them as orthopedic offerings in work boots all these years, while some of the other companies either kept their models in the backroom, or just developed new lines to meet the demand.

These are Goodyear welt designs too, not cosplay boots, but fairly high end products, so they're in the game for the big sales...not just hobbyists!

Interesting to see these things go along, as years ago we couldn't buy a substitute of any quality for love or money. Now they're coming out of the woodwork!

Regards! Michaelson
Cajunkraut

Re: High top boots are 'in' now

Post by Cajunkraut »

Glad we'll be "in spec" for a season or two!

If you've noticed, hipsters are reappropriating classic menswear. I still refuse to grow a full beard and make IPAs my go-to beverage of choice. :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: High top boots are 'in' now

Post by Michaelson »

:rolling: