Preventing sweat marks

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

Raider Of The Lost Ark
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Preventing sweat marks

Post by Raider Of The Lost Ark »

I’m suspecting that the answer is you can’t. However I’m wondering what can be done to minimise them and / or remove them. I have a very old fedora that has some. I remember ’worrying’ about it at the time, and would take the hat off if I started to sweat. Not practical.

Many of you live in hot / humid climates and I’m wondering what you do. Obviously, for an ‘Indy’ look, it’s no bad thing. However, from your pictures, many hats seem in fabulous condition / unweathered. I don’t know if any of you wear yours in more ‘formal’ situations. For business, that sort of thing. If so do you just have another, for those occasions?

The fedora I bought as a teenager has shrunk, so I’m unable now to wear it as I’d wish. I’m contemplating getting another so was just wondering.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: Preventing sweat marks

Post by Michaelson »

Here's a link to a discussion that may give you some ideas.

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... eat+stains" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regard! Michaelson