My first attempt at an Indy 5 fedora

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Screencapped
Vendor

My first attempt at an Indy 5 fedora

Post by Screencapped »

A customer asked for an Indy 5 look so this is what I came up with based on the few photos from the set that are going around. Keep in mind these pics were taken with the hat positioned directly under a lamp...ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk
Dr. Nebraska S.

Re: My first attempt at an Indy 5 fedora

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

I like the look of it! Looks like that wider brim look we’ve seen. Very nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Yeah, I was wondering what dimensions you are using for the brim?
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

Looks good, I really like your custom liners. Well done on the design and execution.
Screencapped
Vendor

Post by Screencapped »

Dr. Nebraska S. wrote:I like the look of it! Looks like that wider brim look we’ve seen. Very nice work!

Thank you sir!Image

Screencapped
Vendor

Post by Screencapped »

Charybdis wrote:Yeah, I was wondering what dimensions you are using for the brim?
To my eye the brim doesn't look like a dimensional cut so I made this one 2 3/4" all around to compliment the hat sizeImage

Screencapped
Vendor

Post by Screencapped »

jlee562 wrote:Looks good, I really like your custom liners. Well done on the design and execution.
Thank you very much! I take alot of pride in my work and I appreciate your words of encouragementImageImage

alaska_mcghee
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by alaska_mcghee »

Screencapped wrote:
Charybdis wrote:Yeah, I was wondering what dimensions you are using for the brim?
To my eye the brim doesn't look like a dimensional cut so I made this one 2 3/4" all around to compliment the hat sizeImage

I can imagine some of us old timers will be happy about that. Those of us who got used to the Federation III and earlier versions will enjoy the wider brim. Looking good!Image
Johnny

DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

This looks great! Well done with the little we’ve actually seen of this hat. Very impressive.

Dave
Bo Invader
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bo Invader »

MY COMMENT HAS POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR INDY 5

Did you base your hat off the photos of Harrison with the mask on or the photos of him with Toby Jones?
Screencapped
Vendor

Post by Screencapped »

Bo Invader wrote:MY COMMENT HAS POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR INDY 5

Did you base your hat off the photos of Harrison with the mask on or the photos of him with Toby Jones?
I'm assuming it's the same hat or at least the same style made by the same person in pics where Harrison is wearing the mask and when he's with Toby. It appears that the hat and the rest of Ford is soaked in the photos with Jones so that's why it looks different. The hat I made is based on the hat Ford's wearing with the mask but just to make certain it also looks like the wet hat, I drenched it with water before I shipped it....JK!ImageImage

Bo Invader
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bo Invader »

Screencapped wrote:

I'm assuming it's the same hat or at least the same style made by the same person in pics where Harrison is wearing the mask and when he's with Toby. It appears that the hat and the rest of Ford is soaked in the photos with Jones so that's why it looks different. The hat I made is based on the hat Ford's wearing with the mask but just to make certain it also looks like the wet hat, I drenched it with water before I shipped it....JK!ImageImage

Very cool! Look great
Screencapped
Vendor

Post by Screencapped »

Bo Invader wrote:
Screencapped wrote:

Very cool! Look great
Much appreciated!ImageImage