Latest USWings blog

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Latest USWings blog

Post by Michaelson »

https://www.uswings.com/the-ultimate-gu ... ana-jones/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same info regarding the new book, but pay particular attention to the second part.

This is info we've known and occasionally discussed for literally years, and when said points were posted folks either believed, hotly debated, or the membership chased the writers with torches and pitchforks. :CR:

Thing is, during the production of CS, USWings was the ONLY vendor of Indy related items that was NOT sent a cease and desist letter from the LFL lawyers as they all had letters on file giving USWings the rights to the making of the Indy jackets due to this documented history. That's also why they've continued to have exclusive contracts with Disney to date.

This is the very first time I have ever seen them actually post the information in an open forum, but I guess knowing this is the last actual official Indy film being made, why not finally put this information out there in public.

How’s that for another twist in the ‘known’ history of the gear!?
Regards! Michaelson
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Latest USWings blog

Post by Kokopelli »

I hope this drums up a lot of business for Wings' Indy Jackets...especially the 'Cooper' label- they were always the best fitting on me (until the added 2" length).
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Kokopelli wrote:I hope this drums up a lot of business for Wings' Indy Jackets...especially the 'Cooper' label- they were always the best fitting on me (until the added 2" length).
Right? Whats a taller dude to do? I'd like to get a long so that my arms don't hangout the end without also having a trench coat length body to go with it. I bought one from Wings 2 years ago and it's so ridiculously long that i won't bring it out of the closet. Totally weird fit and no where near an Indy jacket.
IndianaSmitty
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by IndianaSmitty »

I can wait another week or so. Excited to see what we get!
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Getting close to pulling the trigger on this one so long as the length is not like the Cape Buffalo (and mine which was a goat skin version of the Cape Buffalo....they called it Indy-Style Adventurer Jacket) where the sleeves are perfect but the body hangs lower than my jean pockets and the flap pockets are about 3-1/2 to 4" from the bottom of the jacket. I am 6-2" 215 pounds (in athletic shape) and need a long to cover my arms. I am thinking on getting a Large Long....... any experts out there think I am wrong?
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Cowboy wrote:Getting close to pulling the trigger on this one so long as the length is not like the Cape Buffalo (and mine which was a goat skin version of the Cape Buffalo....they called it Indy-Style Adventurer Jacket) where the sleeves are perfect but the body hangs lower than my jean pockets and the flap pockets are about 3-1/2 to 4" from the bottom of the jacket. I am 6-2" 215 pounds (in athletic shape) and need a long to cover my arms. I am thinking on getting a Large Long....... any experts out there think I am wrong?
6’3” here and same problem- money long arms with a ‘normal’ length torso…I tried a goatskin jacket, too, about 1.5 years ago, in a Large Long, the back length measured 29.5” long!
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Kokopelli wrote:
Cowboy wrote:Getting close to pulling the trigger on this one so long as the length is not like the Cape Buffalo (and mine which was a goat skin version of the Cape Buffalo....they called it Indy-Style Adventurer Jacket) where the sleeves are perfect but the body hangs lower than my jean pockets and the flap pockets are about 3-1/2 to 4" from the bottom of the jacket. I am 6-2" 215 pounds (in athletic shape) and need a long to cover my arms. I am thinking on getting a Large Long....... any experts out there think I am wrong?
6’3” here and same problem- money long arms with a ‘normal’ length torso…I tried a goatskin jacket, too, about 1.5 years ago, in a Large Long, the back length measured 29.5” long!
Where do you measure from, bottom or top of yoke?
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Bottom of the collar seam, where it meets the back of the jacket.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Kokopelli wrote:Bottom of the collar seam, where it meets the back of the jacket.
Just measured it. 30 inches! In comparison, my Expo is 26-1/2 !!