Steele and Jones Cazadora 36 Main Hero (updated version)

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

LostRaider25
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Steele and Jones Cazadora 36 Main Hero (updated version)

Post by LostRaider25 »

After looking at so much posts here, who wouldn’t be temped to get a jacket from Steele and Jones right? I’m sure all of you know how great they are already but I’d love to leave a review here for the patient and amazing gentlemen from Steele and Jones, and for those who are still deciding on pulling the trigger on their jackets. So kindly bare with me.

So quick background on myself first, I don’t really gear up nor cosplay Indy. I’m actually a filmmaker who loves the design of the jacket (and loves the franchise as well), and as someone who goes around to various locations for shoots, I thought to myself that this would be perfect if I want to wear something that looks great and embodies Indy without going full on gear. Originally I wanted to get the Topgun jacket (fan of the film as well) but it just grabs too much attention, but when I rewatched Raiders and read that it was a customized flight jacket without cuffs so that Ford can reach for his holster easier, I realized this was something that I could use during my shoots since I carry a utility belt at times on the job. 

From then on I started my jacket journey.

I’ve has some from Wested, but I’ve always (and only) read great things about Steele and Jones here so I decided to finally get one after saving up. 

I know, why not the truck jacket? Initially it’s what I was going to get since it was the only raiders jacket Diego was offering at the time. But my heart was set on the hero version ever since. During our exchange, Diego realized how much I wanted the Hero jacket and said no problem, they could make it for me. I also asked so many questions regarding the measurements, if I'm doing this right, if he can change this and that. Normally I'd be annoyed if someone kept asking me these but Diego answered each question happily and patiently. I knew I was in good hands.

Ordering online is scary, especially if you’re going to spend this much money. But man I tell you, with Steele and Jones, these guys won’t make you sweat at all. You’ve seen how amazing their jackets are right? Well the same goes for their customer service. They guided me with the fitting. So after the measurements, waiting game began.

Mine arrived later than most due to a few hiccups. At first, the size made accidentally turned out smaller and Diego said he has to redo it again before he ships it out. I had no problems there, I also appreciated how honest he was. At times, some stores will just send it out for you to realize it’s small only once you wear it and you have to ship it back again. But Diego told me what happened and got back to work on it. I really appreciated the integrity. After some time (2 weeks I think) he messages me again and shows me the jacket. Remarkable. He ships it out and in 10 days, it arrived (I’m from the Philippines).

The images are great but the jacket itself is better. I was really happy but one thing bugged me out: the sleeves were too tight. Wasn’t Diego’s fault though since I told him to slim the sleeves down since my wested’s were baggy. So it was my fault. I reached out to Diego regarding this and told him if he can fix it. He told me no worries, he can redo my sleeves and he’ll take care of organizing and scheduling the shipment back to back, but I had to pay for the shipping fee. And after a month or so, I finally got it back and it fits great!

Jacket fit is amazing. It’s quite more snug than my wested. I'm a size 36 and Diego suggested a pit to pit of 19.5 opposed to 20.5. Either way I'm alright with it since I have an option for a loose fit (my wested) and a more exact fit. Compared to my wested jacket, I’d say this one has more “body”, probably due to the pattern they use. I’m around 5’2-5’3, I’m short haha, so I really need a shorter jacket since if it’s too long, it’ll drown me and make me look shorter. Which is why I also opted for the raiders jacket since it was short jacket (compared to the other film jackets). 

Here are the photos of me wearing it in both low rise and high rise pants.
 While wearing low rise, length is just half an inch (I think) below the belt or right at the belt line, depends on the angle or movement. When zipped it still covers the belt. On the medium-high rise pants, the belt line is at the middle of the pockets. So overall I hope this nailed the screen accurate look on my body. If anything, I kinda have a tough time putting my pockets on the Hand warmer pockets, but not big deal breaker. Probably because it’s snugger and shorter compared to my wested’s. 

Quality is a home run as well. It's got some weight to to it despite being lamb. The lambskin feels soft yet tough. Thicker than wested's shrunken lamb. Texture is crazy as well. The jacket is rugged on the spot. Mine is mildly distressed but I could imagine a clean one would still look rugged due to the texture. Let me know what you guys think!

Jacket specs:
Cazadora 36 (updated version)
Lather: Lambskin
Disteressing: Mild
Buckles: 2 prong buckles
Lining: all cotton

Jacket with low rise pants

(unzipped front)

(unzipped back)

(unzipped profile)

(zipped front)

(zipped back)

Jacket with medium - high rise pants

(unzipped front)

(unzipped back)

(unzipped profile)

(zipped front)

(zipped back)

Over all I am happy with my purchase. I finally own a Steele and Jones jacket \:D/ Diego will definitely take care of you guys when you order from them. Worth the wait as well, trust me. Thank you once again Steele and Jones! :clap:
Last edited by LostRaider25 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Re: Steele and Jones Cazadora 36 Main Hero (updated version)

Post by Indiego Jones »

Thank you so much for the review, and the kind words.
I can see now that the fit is good on you.
Enjoy it!!!
Best regards.-
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Nice! Love these jackets from Steele and Jones.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

LostRaider25, that is one beautiful looking jacket, it does look sturdy even if it’s lamb, and zI’m a fan of distressing, always have been. And the distressing S&J produces is spot on, I LOVE IT.

And the fit looks perfect, Diego really is a craftsman at his trade and his customer service is second=d to none, the way he works with is great. When I bought my truck chase and he recommended a size that’s smaller than I usually take, well the jacket fit perfect, like he was there taking the measurements himself.

Thank you for show casing a oldie but a goodie jacket from S&J, but ya need a fedora of some type.

Wear it in good health and oh by the way I’m only 5’5” myself so us shortys gotta stick tougher.

Stay safe, Croft :mrgreen:
LostRaider25
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LostRaider25 »

Indiego Jones wrote:Thank you so much for the review, and the kind words.
I can see now that the fit is good on you.
Enjoy it!!!
Best regards.-

Can't thank you enough Diego, thank you and to the entire Steele and Jones team :D
Nice! Love these jackets from Steele and Jones.
Thank you so much! Their jackets do speak for itself.
LostRaider25
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LostRaider25 »

Indiana Croft wrote:LostRaider25, that is one beautiful looking jacket, it does look sturdy even if it’s lamb, and zI’m a fan of distressing, always have been. And the distressing S&J produces is spot on, I LOVE IT.

And the fit looks perfect, Diego really is a craftsman at his trade and his customer service is second=d to none, the way he works with is great. When I bought my truck chase and he recommended a size that’s smaller than I usually take, well the jacket fit perfect, like he was there taking the measurements himself.

Thank you for show casing a oldie but a goodie jacket from S&J, but ya need a fedora of some type.

Wear it in good health and oh by the way I’m only 5’5” myself so us shortys gotta stick tougher.

Stay safe, Croft :mrgreen:

I gotta thank you too Croft, for the visual reviews showcasing the jacket. Seeing it under different sorts of light made me realize that this is truly a work of art, not just any other garment. I just had to have it. And yes, I can't emphasize enough how on point their quality and customer service is. Customer service makes the experience much better. Somebody hand them an idol.

Glad to know I'm not the only short one around here as well haha! More challenging to nail the length. Still getting used to the shorter style, but I like it. Reminds me of how vintage jackets were back then.

Thanks again and stay safe too!
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Well your welcome, I’m happy that my posting of my S&J helped in your design making.
My only fear is they’ll come out with something new that I’ll want.

Wear the heck out of that one because they only get better.

Croft :mrgreen:
marker2037
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by marker2037 »

Beautiful jacket! Congrats on getting a perfect fit.
LostRaider25
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LostRaider25 »

Indiana Croft wrote:Well your welcome, I’m happy that my posting of my S&J helped in your design making.
My only fear is they’ll come out with something new that I’ll want.

Wear the heck out of that one because they only get better.

Croft :mrgreen:

Really excited to see how this ages.

True, for sure they'll release something again someday and who wouldn't want to get one haha

Beautiful jacket! Congrats on getting a perfect fit.
Thank you so much! It feels great to have a jacket that fits well.
temple_runner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by temple_runner »

Did S&J's prices go up? I contacted them a year ago, and it seemed a lot cheaper. I'm not complaining, as I'm sure it's worth the price increase.
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

temple_runner wrote:Did S&J's prices go up? I contacted them a year ago, and it seemed a lot cheaper. I'm not complaining, as I'm sure it's worth the price increase.
Hi
Please, remind me what price we've discussed a year ago.
Our prices depends on the materials we source.
Vintage hardware, special leather batches, etc
Which also it varies from one project to another
Regards