Distressing Washed Lamb?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Thee
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Distressing Washed Lamb?

Post by Thee »

I haven't seen anyone distress wested's washed lamb and would be curious if anyone does have experience distressing it. What would the undertones be?
marker2037
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Distressing Washed Lamb?

Post by marker2037 »

I haven't tried to artificially distress mine, only wear it. It's got some good wear on it from a couple vacations now. I'd say it's slightly lighter toned underneath. I'm very happy with the way it's turning out.
Prodigal Son
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Prodigal Son »

The finish wears off naturally as you wear it and the undertones are brown. It also develops a patina quite easily. I think I also remember rubbing a little finish off one time when I use a wet paper towel to clean something off the surface. Really, the finish is not at all like other leathers from Wested.
The Character
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by The Character »

I have distressed mine ..

It doesn’t take a huge amount of distressing or rather it will take it but getting it to show up even if you really rag the surface is harder. it is a lovely leather anyway which with time relaxes in a very nice way ..especially with a bit of wetting, drying and shaping ...

because the undertone is very dark it will only create a light distressing effect .. and in some light it comes up well and in others it hardly shows ...this was my first pass on it but without really going at it and likely popping the stitching in a serious way it was as much as i was happy to do ... That said it got a good going over but as you’ll see below the effec t is fairly subtle.

TC
Prodigal Son
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Prodigal Son »

My jacket turned out a lot like the pictures above, it's just that I did it by wearing it and it really, really did not take long to get the same effect, except mine also developed a patina from the leather rubbing against things like my seat belt. In my opinion, the undertones show up wonderfully.
marker2037
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by marker2037 »

The Character wrote:I have distressed mine ..

It doesn’t take a huge amount of distressing or rather it will take it but getting it to show up even if you really rag the surface is harder. it is a lovely leather anyway which with time relaxes in a very nice way ..especially with a bit of wetting, drying and shaping ...

because the undertone is very dark it will only create a light distressing effect .. and in some light it comes up well and in others it hardly shows ...this was my first pass on it but without really going at it and likely popping the stitching in a serious way it was as much as i was happy to do ... That said it got a good going over but as you’ll see below the effec t is fairly subtle.

TC
Nicely done! I like how you kept it subtle as a lot of folks here tend to overdo it.