Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

JesseTB
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Wested Last Crusade Hero Jacket Sizing

Post by JesseTB »

Dear Friends,
Forgive me if this question has been answered here somewhere, but I have yet to run across it. I've spent a lot of time on this board and am both shocked and delighted that there are so many people as obsessed with this stuff as I am.

Here's my question: I have enough experience with Wested to know that the sizing gets a bit unpredictable when it comes to Hero jackets. I know that my sizing for both the standard "Raiders" and "Temple of Doom" jackets is 24.5 sleeve, and 26 back. However, when it come to the "Raiders Hero" my sizing is 24 sleeve, and 24.5 back.

I'm interested in the "Last Crusade Hero" jacket. I know that the sizing is conventional relative to the "Raiders Hero", but I'm wondering how it compares to the other jackets. For example, if my sizing is 24.5 sleeve and 26 back in the "Temple of Doom" jacket, should I order the same sizing for the "Last Crusade Hero" jacket, or is there some oversized shoulder I need to account for in the way that there is for the "Raiders Hero".

I appreciate any help in this regard.

Cheers.

Jesse.
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wested Last Crusade Hero Jacket Sizing

Post by Illinois_Jones »

The shoulders on the LC Hero are *slightly* longer than on a standard LC, which is in turn *slightly* longer than a standard Raiders, but not to the extreme like it is between the two Raiders styles. You should be fine with your normal length, and if it is too long then it's no big deal to get them shortened a little (always better to go long than short in that regard). As for the length, again it's not like the Raiders Hero where the collar and shoulders are cut to hang to that extent, it's made to fit more normally. But the thing with the LC Hero is the same with the standard Wested LC in that the shoulders are angled more from the collar to the sleeve than on the Raiders -- they like to call it "sloped" -- and so if you have wider, square shoulders like I do then it will make the LC hang somewhat higher because that slope of the shoulder not letting it hang so relaxed. That's one of the main reasons the OTR LC is cut like .5" longer than OTR Raiders are. Sounds worse than it is, probably, but it's never been an issue for me and definitely gets better with time and wear. And the type of hide matters as well.
JesseTB
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Re: Wested Last Crusade Hero Jacket Sizing

Post by JesseTB »

Thank you so much. That's all extremely helpful information. I really appreciate it.