Visited US Wings and met Sarge!!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Visited US Wings and met Sarge!!

Post by Kokopelli »

Mrs. Kokopelli and I stopped into the US Wings store this afternoon on our way to Niagra Falls, and ended up spending three hours with Sarge!
We had lunch together and toured the shop.

He spent some time in his youth in Louisville where we live, so we spent time talking about his misadventures there, swapped policing stories and had a great time.

I tried on every jacket there, and left with a Russet Cowhide jacket. It does not look 'shiny and crinkly' like the website picture looks, and matches my Alden's perfectly.

The Cape buffalo was too long in the body with a ‘long’, and too short in the arms in a regular... 8-[] :-k
The Vintage Cowhide fit me pretty good, too, but this Russet in Large in person is spectacular! The mix of Raiders/LC details just add to the uniqueness of it. It is butter soft!! I'm 6'3" 190 pounds, with siamang ape arms, and the jacket in Large is just right.
Oh, and the kangaroo is almost indescribable...smooth and beautiful, If I had a grand to spend this would be what I bought.

Sarge is a truly nice guy, and so was Will who was working the store. Will conveyed how much he appreciated the members on the forum here. He loves to talk to us because, as he said we ‘...know what we’re talking about’ when it comes to the jackets.

I’ll get more pics up later, and let you wonder why Sarge is holding a brick!

https://imgur.com/a/dNbUkAY
Dr. Jones, Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Visited US Wings and met Sarge!!

Post by Dr. Jones, Jr. »

Kokopelli wrote:Mrs. Kokopelli and I stopped into the US Wings store this afternoon on our way to Niagra Falls, and ended up spending three hours with Sarge!
We had lunch together and toured the shop.

He spent some time in his youth in Louisville where we live, so we spent time talking about his misadventures there, swapped policing stories and had a great time.

I tried on every jacket there, and left with a Russet Cowhide jacket. It does not look 'shiny and crinkly' like the website picture looks, and matches my Alden's perfectly.

The Cape buffalo was too long in the body with a ‘long’, and too short in the arms in a regular... 8-[] :-k
The Vintage Cowhide fit me pretty good, too, but this Russet in Large in person is spectacular! The mix of Raiders/LC details just add to the uniqueness of it. It is butter soft!! I'm 6'3" 190 pounds, with siamang ape arms, and the jacket in Large is just right.
Oh, and the kangaroo is almost indescribable...smooth and beautiful, If I had a grand to spend this would be what I bought.

Sarge is a truly nice guy, and so was Will who was working the store. Will conveyed how much he appreciated the members on the forum here. He loves to talk to us because, as he said we ‘...know what we’re talking about’ when it comes to the jackets.

I’ll get more pics up later, and let you wonder why Sarge is holding a brick!

https://imgur.com/a/dNbUkAY
Awesome, beautiful jacket. Thanks for sharing!
indymassilia
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indymassilia »

Sarge is a living legend !
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Very cool. My daughter goes to college in Ohio. Maybe someday I need to make a trek over there and see Sarge as well.

Great look on the jacket too!
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Some pics inside... the sleeve ends got soaking wet from Niagra Falls, so they’re a little darker.
Scroll down when the link opens.

https://imgur.com/a/6Fnzsg4

So, about the brick...that is a souvenir that Sarge recovered from his burnt down nightclub in Louisville. If you haven’t had a chance to read his biography, I encourage you to- he really is a living legend!!
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I had the pleasure of meeting Sarge a number of years ago. He was very generous with his time. I was emailing him back and forth before my visit and he gave him his personal cell number to call to help coordinate my visit.

When I asked the woman working the retail store if he was available, she responded she wasn't sure. I asked her to tell him I was from Club Obi Wan and Michaelson had sent me. She looked a little confused, but relayed the message over the phone. Sarge practically came running out!

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Tycoonman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Tycoonman »

Hack is a super nice guy. Was very personable in an email conversation about sizing back when I got my first jacket in 2005. As a wee 15 year old with a lot of questions he was very patient and understanding!

Speaking of Jackets... My russet wings jacket just came in. Very nice leather used for it. Wish they'd sew the zipper on the left side though.

I like that the pockets are seen above the leather on Wings jackets as opposed to Wested. Makes the pockets not warp and you don't end up with that awkward showing pocket seam.