USW's Schott made 'roo available for limited time

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

USW's Schott made 'roo available for limited time

Post by Michaelson »

Roz Schott found enough kangaroo hide to make 100 more Indy jackets, if anyone missed out on the last group. This is pre-order time, and they will be available in December.

The details are here:

https://www.uswings.com/product/signatu ... le-jacket/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FYI

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: USW's Schott made 'roo available for limited time

Post by Indiana Jeff »

If I didn’t already have one, I’d jump all over this. The roo leather is absolutely amazing.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

I wish I could justify another jacket. these days I am more into WWII aviator jackets, but the roo hide will be excellent.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Nice. It's probably worth clarifying the pattern is different to the last Roo hide Legend Jackets - yes, it says that in the ad - but we don't always read carefully. The photo used appears to be of the roo Legend and the length of these new ones is 2.5 inches longer - quite a length.
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

I had the previous version in a 2XL and the length was fine but too snug in the upper arms and chest. Have had a couple of the legend jackets fit me in 2XL but this one did not.

Tempting in the new pattern but not a cheap jacket...….
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

CM wrote:Nice. It's probably worth clarifying the pattern is different to the last Roo hide Legend Jackets - yes, it says that in the ad - but we don't always read carefully. The photo used appears to be of the roo Legend and the length of these new ones is 2.5 inches longer - quite a length.

Good point to bring up. This one is listed under their Signature Series line that historically was a looser fitting jacket, but compared to other Indy Jackets in the Signature Series line, the sizing descriptions are each different (trim to normal to full cut) with the roo jacket listed as Normal so I'd take that at face value for the sizing. Fortunately for me I've never had a problem with USW's jackets fitting me off the rack. The Legend does fit more snugly, but it was marketed as a trim fit at the time.

This line in the description does give me pause,
Back by popular demand but with customer recommended improvements!
Not sure what those recommendations are, perhaps the longer length?

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

They are using the Cape Buffalo pattern, not the Signature series, which is pro ported to be based on the Legend pattern, but slightly smaller arms and a bit more room at the pits to allow for concealed carry, and about 2.5 inches longer than the shorter Legend....taking it below the belt line.

Just received this email a few minutes ago. They've moved the date date up, but there's been a change in the arrangements. A copy of the email is as follows:
Hello M,
Looks like the Roo Indy Jackets will be done late Sept. 2019 The Bad news we will only be able to offer 75 Jackets and a limited number of Longs Plus we will not have a lay away on the Roo Jackets Nor will we take a 50% Deposit and payment must be made when ordered knowing delivery date the end of Sept. 2019 we will not offer size Small
One per customer.
Now here comes the good news.. We have Two size Small in Roo Legend and 5 Roo Legend
Sarge
Regard! Michaelson
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

That's super helpful to know since there are already a few of the Cape Buffalo jackets are out there.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

FYI, the number is now just 75, not 100 :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, that’s what Sgt’s quote says in my post above. ;)
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

Being based on the Cape Buffalo pattern will make this a longish jacket in the body for a regular. :-k
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

You can judge it by the posted Cape buffalo jacket photos elsewhere here.
Here's an excellent grouping of photos to show what they'll be like regarding length:
http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Considering how expensive 'roo hide is now, and the fact they'll be using MORE material to make these jackets than the original Legend series at just about the same entry price, this is a good deal.

The length reminds me of the TofD or CS jacket lengths.

Here's what David Hack said 'verbatim' when he asked what was done to create the pattern:
I took the Legend and added 2 1/2 inches on the body to go past the belt line then I put a snap at the top and bottom of the zipper then I took the sleeve and made it a little smaller so it would show off the arm a little then I made a little extra room for those that carry a 9MM under the arm and on the side or the back plus easy to get to fast and not be seen… Another thing I made the end of the arm a little taper so the arm would not slip all over the place giving better movement.
Regards! Michaelson
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

I was looking at the kangaroo jacket again and sent an e-mail to them for actual measurements. They are the same lengths as the cape buffalo jackets which are pretty long compared to their old Legend lines. I passed for that money and bought a HH jacket made by Aero in Scotland that remakes many of the old styles from the 20s -through the 40s that are in the same price range. Sort of bites that my first USW kangaroo in 2XL was a little snug and the new version is too long. No worries as I have enough Indy jackets....lol

These are the lengths they sent on the 2XL and 2XL Tall:

The back length on a 2X is 28.25” and it is 30.25” on a 2X-long.

The sleeve length on a 2X is 37.25” and it is 38.5” on a 2X-long.
Last edited by Glenville86 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Anyone know the long term consequences of skipping a couple of mortgage payments? :-k :[

-KB :)
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

You’ll be living in a box under a highway bridge, but you’ll look great in your ‘roo jacket! :H:

Regards! M
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Good point, I’ll check with Mrs. Blues :lol:

-KB :D
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Heard today they found a few regular and long ‘roo jackets left in inventory, if anyone is interested.

Regards! Michaelson