Mix and Match

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Mix and Match

Post by Indiana Croft »

I have a question regarding gear from one movie being worn at the same as wearing gear from another.

I’ve been a Raiders fan from day one, don’t get me wrong I love the whole franchise.

I currently have on order a Cardozo 38 TOD jacket in lamb, predisressed. But all my fedoras have the tight pinch of Raiders, with the exception of a KOTCS.

So my question is do others COW members wear a Raiders jacket, but don a TOD fedora and vise versa. Or a LC Jacket with a Raiders fedora.

Was wondering, cause when the new jacket arrives I’ll more than likely be doing a Penman Legacy Raiders

Croft :mrgreen:
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Mix and Match

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I mix & match frequently. It's all about what works for you. The fact that you are asking suggests that total accuracy is less important to you than wearing the gear you love most. If that doesn't reflect the spirit of fandom, I don't what does.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

I wear everything mixed up mostly. Some of my gear isn't very screen accurate either, but it is according to my taste, so I love it!

Do what makes you feel good!

Cheers,
Bear
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Except for our crew, who's going to know? :-k

Mix it up anyway you like! We all do. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Agreed, even when I costume I by default am a mixed bag given what gear I've collected over time.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
WetDigger
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by WetDigger »

Do you think Indy faced this conundrum when he stepped up to his wardrobe every morning to decide what he was going to wear each day? Im imagining the comedy trope of the closet filled with several clothes hangers, each holding the exact same outfit.

I am sure even Indy wore a TOD shirt he had laying about the closet in his post LC days... :TOH:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Thanks guys and I had a feelin this would be the out come, and most wouldn't no the difference.

Can't wait for my jacket and will of course post pic's, but Jan 25th is a long way off. \:D/
And I doubt Indy had this conundrum, because if he did I'd never have asked. :rolling:

xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

The non Indy fan won't know, so it's down to your own preference. I would look into getting a ToD hat though, if you want to do the whole ToD look properly. Indy fans know the difference. ;)
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

I'm thinking about it, after so many years of wearing a lid with no taper, and the TOD is supposed to
have some taper, or am I wrong.

fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

I've got sets for both Raiders and Last Crusade, but honestly, I rarely wear one or the other, preferring to mix them up and go with the gear that I personally prefer the most each time.

I bought a Steele and Jones Smithsonian jacket recently, and it's my love, so I've been using that a load, along with one of John's Crusade hats, and a Raiders shirt and pants and holster kit...As stated above, no one notices except people "like us"...It's good for me to have both, so I can choose, but outside of myself, no one will care too much..Buy and wear what you like, personally, and make it your own...Always the best way to run with Indiana Jones....

As for the Temple, yeah, the hat was tapered depending on the scene, some more than others..Although the bridge hat (which most hat makers seem to use, because it's the nicest looking, overall) was a touch closer to the Crusade variation, and a touch less tapered with a nicer brim size.....If I was going to buy a Temple, I'd go for that version....(Not the plane variation....)

Just run with the best for you, but be prepared if going to cons etc, to have a chat with nuts like us who know the differences and ask you why you choose what you did....They WILL come ask... :TOH:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

For a hat I was actual thinking of one of John lids from Leverage, there's a very Indy hat he did for the show, no tight pinch and very Indish.

Decision, decisions.

Nosirrah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Nosirrah »

Indiana Croft wrote:very Indish.
COW shorthand for "close enough." I like it! 8) :tup:
Edit: had a feeling that one of you folks would have coined this already. Sure enough, first documented COW usage (per the <Search> feature): 12/7/2003, by Zeuscow. But not used here since 2015, by Croft. Props to Croft for keeping it alive. :TOH:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

My pleasure.